ADMIN NOTE: Everybody Please check that your registered email is valid & Forgot Password info

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
HI!

1. VERIFY YOUR EMAIL IS VALID
As we enter the football season and also as we prepare to proceed with upgrading the message board, we need everybody to please check your registered email and make sure it is still valid and your preferred one. This is imperative in case you forget your password. Once you're logged in, you can click on Settings at the top. You will see the option on the left side to check/change your email address & password.

2. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
If you can't remember your password and want to login, click the "Forgot Password" link at the top right beside the login box. This will ask you for your registered email.
If you are already logged in but can't remember your password, do the same thing and verify your email.

3. CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING
If you can't remember your email or your password, and thus can't verify who you are, then click on the FAQ button in the navbar. Look for the "I never received my password / How can I reset my password?" link and follow the instructions.

In all cases, make sure you have staff (a t) tidefansalerts (d o t) com and admin (a t) tidefans (d o t) com on your 'safe' email list (obviously replacing with @ and . ) We will never spam you!

4. UNIQUE PASSWORDS FOR ALL LOGINS / ANTI-VIRUS
A while back I put together a guide to net safety for friends and family: [url]https://news.tidefans.com/net-safety/[/URL] with some good guidelines to follow along with software suggestions for password vaults, anti-virus, kid-friendly stuff, etc

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: Everybody Please check that your registered email is valid & 'Forgot Password' in

after i click on "my profile" i don't see how to check my registered email. When I click on edit profile I go to the profile page but can't edit anything.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Re: Everybody Please check that your registered email is valid & 'Forgot Password' in

after i click on "my profile" i don't see how to check my registered email. When I click on edit profile I go to the profile page but can't edit anything.
Click on "Settings" next to "My Profile". You will see the options to check/change your email address.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

HI!

1. VERIFY YOUR EMAIL IS VALID
As we enter the football season and also as we prepare to proceed with upgrading the message board, we need everybody to please check your registered email and make sure it is still valid and your preferred one. This is imperative in case you forget your password. Once you're logged in, you can click on My Profile at the top.

2. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
If you can't remember your password and want to login, click the "Forgot Password" link at the top right beside the login box. This will ask you for your registered email.
If you are already logged in but can't remember your password, do the same thing and verify your email.

3. CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING
If you can't remember your email or your password, and thus can't verify who you are, then click on the FAQ button in the navbar. Look for the "I never received my password / How can I reset my password?" link and follow the instructions.

In all cases, make sure you have staff (a t) tidefansalerts (d o t) com and admin (a t) tidefans (d o t) com on your 'safe' email list (obviously replacing with @ and . ) We will never spam you!
Thank for the thread
Like - #1
Roll Tide - #2
HaHa! - #3

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

Thanks for the heads up. I just found my email address was way out of date. Fixed now.

Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm the one who catches most of these requests, usually after the reset has failed for one reason or another. Frequently, it's from a friend or relative who still has an active account. I say I can send a reminder and check the email. The reply comes back "Oh, he hasn't used that in years"...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Dang..The email I had on file hasn't been used in quite a few years..It was easy as pie to update my new email address & I appreciate you starting this thread..

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Thanks for the heads up. I just found my email address was way out of date. Fixed now.

Roll Tide!
You and me both! I've had the same email address for a long, long time and thought I had changed it here many, many years ago. Oh well, it is updated now. I tried to update my profile page, but it wouldn't allow me to do so without entering my date of birth.

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA

You and me both! I've had the same email address for a long, long time and thought I had changed it here many, many years ago. Oh well, it is updated now. I tried to update my profile page, but it wouldn't allow me to do so without entering my date of birth.
And did you forget that? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

You and me both! I've had the same email address for a long, long time and thought I had changed it here many, many years ago. Oh well, it is updated now. I tried to update my profile page, but it wouldn't allow me to do so without entering my date of birth.[/QUOTE]

And did you forget that? LOL
Surprisingly enough, no, I actually still retain that knowledge...at least for now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

When I exited (not logged out) Tidefans I was somehow logged out every time. When I tried to sign back on, the page would reload and take me to change my password page. My password was changed, but I still had the same problem so eventually I had to wait 15 minutes due to the 5 attempt rule. I have somehow managed to get back on, but when I exit I will be logged out. Could use some help.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

When I exited (not logged out) Tidefans I was somehow logged out every time. When I tried to sign back on, the page would reload and take me to change my password page. My password was changed, but I still had the same problem so eventually I had to wait 15 minutes due to the 5 attempt rule. I have somehow managed to get back on, but when I exit I will be logged out. Could use some help.
Is your browser set to clear the cache each time you close it? If so that would do it.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Is your browser set to clear the cache each time you close it? If so that would do it.
Thanks NT, have not been able to find out if my browser (Safari) is set to clear the cache each time I close it. Maybe someone using Safari on MacBook Air can help. Thanks again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.