Link: Gattis On Locksley Comments: 'Ask Him Where The Game Plans Came From'

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://michigan.rivals.com/news/michigan-wolverines-gattis-confident-responds-to-locksley-comments

“I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mike Locksley. He called every play … there were never any other comments about that,” Gattis said. “I’m 100 percent confident [I can do it]. Mike Locksley can say I watched him call every play, but ask him where the game plans usually came from?
“So I’m fine with that. He did call every play, and I’ve got a notebook upstairs with all the game plans written down in them. But I’ve got tremendous respect for him, obviously.”
He called Locksley a mentor and added former PSU coordinators Joe Moorehead and John Donovan as guys he’s also learned from. Being taught by coaches who helped develop ownership and entitled and empowered everyone helped shape him, Gattis said, and he plans to do the same with his staff.
He also made it clear he's played a very important role in every offense he’s coached for as a result.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is a reason that Saban limits press contact with these guys. They can't help themselves.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
"He also made it clear he's played a very important role in every offense he’s coached for as a result. "

WOW!! Gattis sure doesn't lack confidence, does he?
so glad he's no longer on the Bama staff!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Sounds like Gattis and Hairball are twin sons from different mothers. They deserve each other.
Yep. Tell you what, they both better produce bigtime results this year or they will be changing zip codes by the end of the season.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Guessing this is part of what Saban has been referring to as agendas at the end of last year.

There's a reason Gattis didn't get the OC job when Locksley left. In a world of egos and career climbing, he stood out as in it for himself, as opposed to the team.

He may be talented. But this sort of thing wears real thin real quick, and I doubt Harbaugh is exactly a hands-off kind of guy.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
"He also made it clear he's played a very important role in every offense he’s coached for as a result. "

WOW!! Gattis sure doesn't lack confidence, does he?
so glad he's no longer on the Bama staff!
I've heard rumors ( unsubstantiated, mind you) that he was pretty arrogant...………….don't know, but it makes you wonder

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Sounds like to me there was a lot of personality, chemistry and immaturity issues on the staff last season. I hope all of that tom foolery is taken care of and corrected. People can scoff all they want at how important it is for the coaching staff to have good chemistry and be on the same page. Hell, I coached three different baseball teams the past three years and I can tell you that even on that amateur level. Having a coaching staff that is "clicking" makes a huge difference to a team. Distractions can train wreck a team. When the distractions are your coaches, it's not good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.