Dabo disses SEC depth - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Tider6972's Avatar

Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
    LMBO!
    Found Mr.Butt R. Hurt right here... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tider6972 View Post
    LMBO!
    You found a guy that doesn't want a guy like Dabo as the Head Coach of the University of Alabama. Haven't liked the idea for years - before he won in Tampa.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Just...WOW...you do know where your posting and who you're taking shots at, right?
    I'll ask again...temperature in the lake?
    LMBO!

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

LMBO!
    Lighten up Francis. We tend to call them as we see them around here. I am not a consensus guy but the consensus is what it is. Dude is flapping his gums and we are simply reacting, nothing more...nothing less.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Lighten up Francis. We tend to call them as we see them around here. I am not a consensus guy but the consensus is what it is. Dude is flapping his gums and we are simply reacting, nothing more...nothing less.

I don't think Dabo is responding to the SEC fans as much as he's responding to media talking heads stirring the pot. I've seen (from time to time on FB) online articles by Saturday's Down South where Finebaum or some internet hack had some quote about Clemson winning the title and taking a shot or two. They do what they do and that's create controversy or they'd be part time employees. Dabo's just not mature enough to ignore it. He seems to have to respond to every shot people way beneath him take.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I don't think Dabo is responding to the SEC fans as much as he's responding to media talking heads stirring the pot. I've seen (from time to time on FB) online articles by Saturday's Down South where Finebaum or some internet hack had some quote about Clemson winning the title and taking a shot or two. They do what they do and that's create controversy or they'd be part time employees. Dabo's just not mature enough to ignore it. He seems to have to respond to every shot people way beneath him take.
    Clemson fans continue to call Finebaum and go after him for doing what he does. He made the correct statement a few weeks ago - they don't know how to handle winning because they are too accustomed to being "little ol' Clemson."
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Why does it seem like some coach every year says this?

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation All-American

Saban uses the media to communicate to his players = Brilliant!
    Swinney uses the media to communicate to his players = Blasphemy!

Some of you kill me with your obsessive dislike for Dabo in spite of the fact that the guy has won 2 national championships, nearly won a 3rd, and was in the playoffs a 4th time. If CNS retires every one of you that is hating him now would be absolutely ecstatic if we could get him.

Would you rather play our schedule or theirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    Saban uses the media to communicate to his players = Brilliant!
    Swinney uses the media to communicate to his players = Blasphemy!

Some of you kill me with your obsessive dislike for Dabo in spite of the fact that the guy has won 2 national championships, nearly won a 3rd, and was in the playoffs a 4th time. If CNS retires every one of you that is hating him now would be absolutely ecstatic if we could get him.

BamaNation All-American bamagradinATL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Would you rather play our schedule or theirs?
    I would rather play theirs.

BamaNation First Team

I really like Dabo, he’ll always be an Alabama guy to me. But I am curious to see how he coaches as the “front runner”, rather than the underdog. You know the saying “it’s easier to climb the mountain, than it is to stay on top of it”. This is the thing that has impressed me most about cns, his ability to maintain success.

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    If CNS retires every one of you that is hating him now would be absolutely ecstatic if we could get him.
    LOL, nope.

There's more to it than how much he's winning. He has a history at UA and I'd rather he never be a part of our staff again.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post

Fact is, the SEC is NOT what it was during the consecutive titles won era, which is all he was saying.
    "Coach Dabo Swinney isn't buying that Alabama was worn out from the grind of a more rigorous schedule and wasn't as well-rested as Clemson a year ago in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game."
    The season will wear all teams down; but if you consider what the actual argument is/was -- Bama wasn't as well rested as Clemson -- take a look at how they each ended their seasons:
    Bama:
    LSU - 10-3 - Final rank of 6 - won bowl
    MSU - 8-5 - lost bowl
    Citadel - 5-6
    Auburn - 8-5 - won bowl
    Georgia - 11-3 - Final rank of 8 - lost bowl
    Oklahoma - 12-2 - Final rank of 4 - lost in CFP

Combined record of 54-22. Three ranked teams. Last 3 teams had a record of 31-10. 5/6 went to a bowl game. 2 won their bowl game.

Clemson:
    Louisville - 2-10
    Boston College - 7-5
    Duke - 8-5 - won bowl
    South Carolina - 6-6 - lost bowl
    Pitt - 7-7 - lost bowl
    ND - 12-1 - final rank of 5 - lost in cfp

42-34 combined record. One ranked team. Last 3 teams were 25-14. 4 played in bowl games, with one winning.

You can talk about the conference strength all you want; but when the argument is actually whether one team was more rested than another, this tells the story in my opinion. And if you look at the final two games for each team, there's absolutely no comparison. ND was a paper tiger; and Pitt, well, come on. Georgia and Oklahoma were vastly superior teams to ND and Pitt.

Clemson gets full credit for whipping Bama's tail; but, as others have said, they should just enjoy it and stop running their mouths. IF . . . IF one team was more well-rested than another, it was absolutely Clemson over Bama.
    Last edited by trenda; August 9th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    RTR