Dabo disses SEC depth - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 145
  1. #79
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,187

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Sigh
    He asked which schedule would you RATHER have, not which is easier. I don’t think many here would want to trade LSU, Auburn, and aTm for Syracuse, BC, and UNC. Alabama’s schedule has the perfect balance of excitement and the difficulty to make a title run.

    So yeah I would take Alabama’s schedule over Clemson’s.

  2. #80

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    If I knew playing an easier schedule would still guarantee a chance to play for the NC, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

    It's all about winning the NC for me.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

  3. #81
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    I would LOVE to gamble with you...
    You're very knowledgeable and often have fantastic insight, but that's arguably one of the dumbest things I have EVER heard...

    Sylacauga's close to barn country...osmosis???

    on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Alabama’s. No blue font at all.

  4. #82
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,277

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Now you're just being a smart aleck...
    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    He asked which schedule would you RATHER have, not which is easier. I don’t think many here would want to trade LSU, Auburn, and aTm for Syracuse, BC, and UNC. Alabama’s schedule has the perfect balance of excitement and the difficulty to make a title run.

    So yeah I would take Alabama’s schedule over Clemson’s.

  5. #83
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,187

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Now you're just being a smart aleck...
    A little, But to give you the answer you want “ If the goal is to win a national championship only” then Clemson is the better one.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; August 10th, 2019 at 02:45 AM.

  6. #84
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,610

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    A little, But to give you the answer you want “ If the goal is to win a national championship only” then Clemson is the better one.
    The goal is to in a national championship. Period. Only fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.

    Meanwhile, if Alabama loses in the SECCG and gets left out of the CFP then those same fans will be whining about how easy the other teams' schedules were and talking about how unfair the difference in schedules were.

  7. #85
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    cullman, al, usa
    Posts
    5,578

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    I really like Dabo, he’ll always be an Alabama guy to me. But I am curious to see how he coaches as the “front runner”, rather than the underdog. You know the saying “it’s easier to climb the mountain, than it is to stay on top of it”. This is the thing that has impressed me most about cns, his ability to maintain success.
    Well, his commentary that has apparently upset some folks is an example of his coaching as a front runner. Coaches love to make their guys feel disrespected so they can keep their guys more focused. This seems like a clear-cut example of DS telling his guys that people still don't respect them just like the Roy bus thing he used last year.

  8. #86
    BamaNation All-American Con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    South Alabama
    Posts
    3,590

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The goal is to in a national championship. Period. Only fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.

    Meanwhile, if Alabama loses in the SECCG and gets left out of the CFP then those same fans will be whining about how easy the other teams' schedules were and talking about how unfair the difference in schedules were.
    Yep, I am surprised you didn’t link the thread about scheduling we have had in here a few times.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #87
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,257

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The goal is to win a national championship. Period. Only RIVAL fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.
    Fixed it for ya...

  10. #88
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    BamaNation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,439
    Thread Starter

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    You know, that whole "nobody give us no respect" nonsense really needs to be called out by pretty much everyone for the crap it is.

    You have stated much more eloquently than I what I was trying to say.

  11. #89
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,187

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The goal is to in a national championship. Period. Only fans would rather make it harder for the team to get there, and only for their entertainment.

    Meanwhile, if Alabama loses in the SECCG and gets left out of the CFP then those same fans will be whining about how easy the other teams' schedules were and talking about how unfair the difference in schedules were.
    There is a big difference between wanting the schedule that is and wanting to make that same schedule that is harder. Ditching the SEC schedule for an ACC schedule would be more detrimental to Alabama in the long run. There is a reason why the ACC has 3 NCs since 1999 while the SEC has 10. It’s better to have a degree of difficulty than an almost nonexistent one.

  12. #90
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,610

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    There is a big difference between wanting the schedule that is and wanting to make that same schedule that is harder. Ditching the SEC schedule for an ACC schedule would be more detrimental to Alabama in the long run. There is a reason why the ACC has 3 NCs since 1999 while the SEC has 10. It’s better to have a degree of difficulty than an almost nonexistent one.
    Yes - better coaching. It has nothing to do with the conference and everything to do with the actual programs. Better programs attract better coaches, and have the $$$ to keep those coaches around. Move Alabama to the ACC and you win even more championships, both in the short term and the long term. That is a straight fact.

    The old assumption was that it took tough schedules to "temper" the best teams in order to prepare them for the BCSCG. But with the CFP, and the need to win 3 tough games in a row (conference championship game + 2 playoff games), it is far better to play a weak schedule and be rested and healthy for those games.

  13. #91
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80

    Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

    This is a great thread.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear