Dabo disses SEC depth - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideEngineer08's Avatar

Well whatever it was, that was NOT the same Alabama team from the whole season that faced Clemson. And you'll never convince me it was because Clemson was so great. Something was way off with Alabama that night and it was apparent from the opening drive. The body language was horrible. I think in hindsight a lot of it was half the coaching staff having its foot out the door.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

For someone in the ACC, Dabo shows a lot of concern about SEC doings.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    This is a great thread.
    The two toughest teams you play are SEC teams. We also play those same teams, but they’re probably the 4th and 5th toughest teams we play. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Jimbo spitting truths.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Its really amazing to me that dabo is making quotes About the sec he should worry about his team and conference because the acc is WEAK and everyone knows it his team couldnt hold up to a full sec schedule and im pretty sure he knows it!!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    For someone in the ACC, Dabo shows a lot of concern about SEC doings.
    I think it shows his immaturity in that area. Dabo has a problem with feeling the need to respond to every hack on the internet. He needs to put that on his personal development list of "Things I need to improve on."
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; August 12th, 2019 at 09:14 AM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I think it shows his immaturity in that area. Dabo has a problem with feeling the need to respond to every hack on the internet. He needs to put that on his personal development list of "Things I need to improve on."
    He does seem to take things too personal for a National Championship winning coach.

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Czar View Post
    Of course, the two toughest games on Clemson's schedule are both SEC teams (Tx A&M and S. Carolina)....

How is South Carolina one of Clemson's two toughest games?

2018 Clemson 56 South Carolina 35....Boston College, Syracuse, Tex Am were all tougher games
    2017 Clemson 34 South Carolina 10 it was 34-0 at end of 3rd quarter and the dogs were called off. Several ACC teams played Clemson tougher and one of them beat Clemson that year.
    2016 Clemson 56 South Carolina 7... Almost every game Clemson played that year was tougher.

Clemson leads the series with South Carolina 70-42-4. Prior to our current five straight, they won five straight, but just prior to that Clemson had won 6 of 7 and 10 of 12. What in the world qualifies South Carolina as one of our two toughest games? South Carolina's run defense last year was among the worst we played all year. Georgia Tech would have run the option for 50 plus on them. Virginia blew them out 28-0! Virginia was a mid to lower Coastal Division team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson81to85 View Post
    How is South Carolina one of Clemson's two toughest games?

2018 Clemson 56 South Carolina 35....Boston College, Syracuse, Tex Am were all tougher games
    2017 Clemson 34 South Carolina 10 it was 34-0 at end of 3rd quarter and the dogs were called off. Several ACC teams played Clemson tougher and one of them beat Clemson that year.
    2016 Clemson 56 South Carolina 7... Almost every game Clemson played that year was tougher.

Clemson leads the series with South Carolina 70-42-4. Prior to our current five straight, they won five straight, but just prior to that Clemson had won 6 of 7 and 10 of 12. What in the world qualifies South Carolina as one of our two toughest games? South Carolina's run defense last year was among the worst we played all year. Georgia Tech would have run the option for 50 plus on them. Virginia blew them out 28-0! Virginia was a mid to lower Coastal Division team.
    Seriously? We are talking about the 2019 season. Those are clearly your 2 toughest opponents this year.

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    Well, we can look at bowl game wins/losses all we like but the fact is the SEC puts more teams in bowl games and usually play a higher ranked team when they do.

The big question, and you can pick any time frame. Go back 5, go back 10 and ask yourself what would Clemson's record be if they played Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, TA&M, Florida or even Miss State year end and year out would they ever have made it to a championship game and I think the answer to that is an emphatic NO. Even teams not in my list like Missouri, Ole Miss and even Arkansas have had teams more than capable of beating Clemson during those time frames.

The ACC had two teams with 10 or more wins and their only 9-4 team lost to Texas A&M by 39. Meanwhile the SEC had 5 10 or more win teams, 1 9-4, and 3 8 win teams. Bear in mind that most of those losses and thus not wins were against other SEC opponents and I doubt many teams, including Clemson, would want to play those 9 teams on a regular basis.
    In 2016, ACC runner-up, FSU beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl and the ACC was 9-3 in bowls and 10-4 vs the SEC. At the end of 2017, Wake Forest beat Tex AM in a bowl game. Yes, that Wake Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson81to85 View Post
    In 2016, ACC runner-up, FSU beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl and the ACC was 9-3 in bowls and 10-4 vs the SEC. At the end of 2017, Wake Forest beat Tex AM in a bowl game. Yes, that Wake Forest.
    The same 2017 TAMU team that had its coach fired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Scout Team

I understand Tex AM will be, but what in the world qualifies South Carolina for the second spot? Traditionally Syracuse, Georgia Tech, NC State are tougher than Scar, not to mention FSU, Virginia Tech. Prior last year, South Carolina would be below Boston College, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Virginia.
    In 2016, we lost to Pitt and went to overtime with NC State, beat FSU by 3, then beat South Carolina 56-7
    In 2017, we lost to Syracuse, beat NC State by 7, Auburn by 8, Va Tech by 14, Wake by 14, Ga Tech by 14 and had South Carolina 34-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter and then played everyone.
    last year we had 744 total yards vs SC and 351 yards rushing. I just don't get what South Carolina has done in the off season to jump everyone and become our second toughest game.

I'm actually glad Scar gave us a game for a little while last year. Although the game was never in doubt as we led by two to three touchdowns for most of the game, it was a wake-up call for our secondary. Venables lit into them the next day and following week. Venables said he was embarrassed and I really think the poor performance by the secondary, on that night, was the reason we played so well in the secondary in the post season. They knew Venables was ....ed off at them.
    Last edited by Clemson81to85; August 13th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.