Dabo disses SEC depth - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: Dabo disses SEC depth

It is not that SCarolina is great, it is the fact that the rest of the ACC is horrible this year. Seriously, will any team in the conference other than Clemson be ranked at the end of the season? Maybe. Maybe.

Many teams on Alabama's schedule will be ranked at the end of the season. No maybe about it. That is the point.

BamaNation All-American

How many SEC teams would be favored to go undefeated against Clemson’s ACC schedule, Dabo?
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It is not that SCarolina is great, it is the fact that the rest of the ACC is horrible this year. Seriously, will any team in the conference other than Clemson be ranked at the end of the season? Maybe. Maybe.

Many teams on Alabama's schedule will be ranked at the end of the season. No maybe about it. That is the point.

The point I'm making is South Carolina won't be any better than the other teams on lour schedule. Why do they get the second toughest position? Even last year, with the ACC really down, they weren't the second toughest team, 741 total yards? 351 rushing yards? Last time at their place literally 34-0 at end of third and we cleared the bench. If South Carolina's run defense is no better that it was when we played them, Alabama will rush for 450 yards in Columbia.

BamaNation Second Team

There are no points. "points" are derived from rhetoric, which in turn creates more "points".

The only thing that matters is what occurs head to head.

End of story.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    How many SEC teams would be favored to go undefeated against Clemson’s ACC schedule, Dabo?
    about 3. Most SEC schools can find a way to lose games they have no business losing. So really other than Alabama and Georgia, I really have no faith that many could find a way not to lose atleast 1 game with even Clemson's schedule.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by FairlyAmazing View Post
    There are no points. "points" are derived from rhetoric, which in turn creates more "points".

The only thing that matters is what occurs head to head.

End of story.
    Okay then, let's cancel the season and Alabama/Clemson play for it all on Labor Day weekend!

Every game matters in college football. To get to a CFP rematch, Alabama has to get through the SEC. That is a tough row to hoe. Clemson just has to keep the wheels from falling off while playing what appears to be a very soft schedule.

I do agree that the ACC could be tougher than they look. You never know until the games get played. But on paper, the ACC looks to be the weakest P5 conference this year. Take Clemson out of the conference and no one would watch a game.

BamaNation Second Team

Okay then, let's cancel the season and Alabama/Clemson play for it all on Labor Day weekend!

Every game matters in college football. To get to a CFP rematch, Alabama has to get through the SEC. That is a tough row to hoe. Clemson just has to keep the wheels from falling off while playing what appears to be a very soft schedule.

I do agree that the ACC could be tougher than they look. You never know until the games get played. But on paper, the ACC looks to be the weakest P5 conference this year. Take Clemson out of the conference and no one would watch a game.

I'm not, nor have ever been, a drinker of ESPN's conference mantra koolaid.

Obviously, you are.

Geez, you play the games, you see who wins.................that's it.

All this gnashing of teeth in attempt to figure out the underlying causes of a football game is ridiculous.

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    How many SEC teams would be favored to go undefeated against Clemsonís ACC schedule, Dabo?
    Yes...

I really hope the ACC gets better so Clemson has a better chance to lose. Their schedule is a joke. I would like to see them play LSU and Georgia each year. When I tell my Clemson friends their schedule is easy, they reply that so is ours. Our out of conference schedule is easy (usually) but just playing in the SEC West is difficult.. winning the SEC is even harder. I don't see the ACC getting much better for awhile, and don't see the SEC getting any easier.

I'm not, nor have ever been, a drinker of ESPN's conference mantra koolaid.

Obviously, you are.

Geez, you play the games, you see who wins.................that's it.

All this gnashing of teeth in attempt to figure out the underlying causes of a football game is ridiculous.
    What about Jeff Sagarin's conference/division rankings? Probably not if I had to guess.

1 SEC-WEST
    2 SEC-EAST
    3 BIG TEN-EAST
    4 PAC-12(NORTH)
    5 BIG 12
    6 ACC-ATLANTIC
    7 BIG TEN-WEST
    8 ACC-COASTAL
    9 PAC-12(SOUTH)
    10 MWC-MOUNTAIN
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

Conference things are for you.

My concern is for one school.

We disagree. No biggie.

I'm just ready for the season to get going.

Conference things are for you.

My concern is for one school.

We disagree. No biggie.

I'm just ready for the season to get going.
    Clemson has something great going right now. We are not knocking Clemson. About 10 days until the first game kicks off.

BamaNation Scout Team

Considering he was only playing a second rate SEC team that didn't amount to much, Dabo sure looked like he was about to "pass Masonry" before the refs bailed him out in College Station....