Dabo disses SEC depth

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be fair it was only A&M's second game of the year as well and Lawrence was on the bench over there, so if their best QB was on the bench who's fault is that?

And oh yeah, Lawrence did come in the game and went 5/9 with 1 TD.....
You are correct, but my point is that the Clemson team that beat Alabama did not play aTm. Same players, totally different team.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Conference things are for you.

My concern is for one school.

We disagree. No biggie.

I'm just ready for the season to get going.
What's hilarious is that everyone knows that given the option to play Clemson's or Bama's schedule, Dabo would choose Clemson's every single time.

But keep ignoring the obvious - you seem to be really good a that. Must've learned that from your favorite coach.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not, nor have ever been, a drinker of ESPN's conference mantra koolaid.

Obviously, you are.

Geez, you play the games, you see who wins.................that's it.

All this gnashing of teeth in attempt to figure out the underlying causes of a football game is ridiculous.
What's the point of being on this message board then? Obviously, we're going to talk about the underlying causes. If all there was to talk about was the final score, it would boring, indeed.

Methinks the gnashing is coming from you.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Simple...your conference sucks...
I understand Tex AM will be, but what in the world qualifies South Carolina for the second spot? Traditionally Syracuse, Georgia Tech, NC State are tougher than Scar, not to mention FSU, Virginia Tech. Prior last year, South Carolina would be below Boston College, FSU, Georgia Tech, Louisville, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Virginia.
In 2016, we lost to Pitt and went to overtime with NC State, beat FSU by 3, then beat South Carolina 56-7
In 2017, we lost to Syracuse, beat NC State by 7, Auburn by 8, Va Tech by 14, Wake by 14, Ga Tech by 14 and had South Carolina 34-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter and then played everyone.
last year we had 744 total yards vs SC and 351 yards rushing. I just don't get what South Carolina has done in the off season to jump everyone and become our second toughest game.

I'm actually glad Scar gave us a game for a little while last year. Although the game was never in doubt as we led by two to three touchdowns for most of the game, it was a wake-up call for our secondary. Venables lit into them the next day and following week. Venables said he was embarrassed and I really think the poor performance by the secondary, on that night, was the reason we played so well in the secondary in the post season. They knew Venables was ....ed off at them.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I Believe...that you're a pot stirrer and really don't believe what you say either. You're bored with your own aw shucks boards so you came here to start stuff then you go back to your board and say,"Look what I did on TF." You're like the punks in my kid's school that I tell them to step away from. I'm going to effort to step away...your silliness makes that harder...
The causes were simple.

One team made plays.

One team didn't.

Anyway, good luck to Bama this season.

BamaInCummingGA

1st Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming, Ga
As some have said on other threads:
You win a couple of national championships after what? a 25 - 30 year draught and all of a sudden you're a world beater and think you're the end all be all. You have all of 3 or 4 NCs Clemson fans, when you catch up to us then come on here and brag.

FairlyAmazing

Scout Team
Mar 17, 2019
As some have said on other threads:
You win a couple of national championships after what? a 25 - 30 year draught and all of a sudden you're a world beater and think you're the end all be all. You have all of 3 or 4 NCs Clemson fans, when you catch up to us then come on here and brag.
Haven't seen anyone on here bragging.

And our drought has been longer than that. Way longer.

At present, we're in a good place. No more, no less.

We only have 3. ( we didn't "claim" any from the past )

Unless something weird happens, I see a great chance of Bama and Clemson meeting again this year.

Georgia will obviously have a say, and upsets happen in college football.

Just glad it's about to get started.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Even when you feign decency you take shots...and it's drought.
Haven't seen anyone on here bragging.

And our draught has been longer than that. Way longer.

At present, we're in a good place. No more, no less.

We only have 3. ( we didn't "claim" any from the past )

Unless something weird happens, I see a great chance of Bama and Clemson meeting again this year.

Georgia will obviously have a say, and upsets happen in college football.

Just glad it's about to get started.

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
Just want to ask a respectful question: how does his comments get him banned...as i read through this thread, i did not see anything inappropriate...but certainly could have missed something and i apologize if I did...

So here's the deal - your attitude is gonna get you banned if you keep this kind of foolishness up.

One more post like this and you're gone. Don't ask for an explanation - your posts don't add enough value to the forum to merit one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.