Southwest pilot brings father's remains home from Vietnam 52 years later

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Bazz, bittersweet story of father and son. Not that it matters now, but I will always believe the U.S. Government abandoned the 2000+ POWs and MIAs left behind in Southeast Asia. The families of these servicemen need answers to find closure after all these years.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Where should it be?
Sure is lanky for a fighter pilot. Neat thread. I'm not sure why it's on this board...
LOL! It was on the politics board before I moved it. I couldn't see anything political or controversial about it...
I started this thread on the NS- Politics forum because of the Vietnam War content - thinking war was political in nature and there is always controversy involved with war.

However.......because the theme of the thread was not about the war itself - but rather a human interest story within' the context of the Vietnam War....it probably belongs where it is now - where Earle moved it - from NS Politics to NS Non-politics.

Perfect example is Crimson Audio's excellent thread chronicling WWII - also located in NS - Non-political.

Now if I could just get seebell to stop posting humour in the photo thread......:D

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
(from the comments)
Last night, I launched a C-17 from a deployed location. I walked up the stairs on the aircraft to do some last minute maintenance before it headed home. At this point, I didn't think anyone was on the aircraft. Once I reached the top of the stairs, I saw a preacher sitting on the sidewall seats. In the middle of the cargo bay, there was a casket draped with a US flag. One of the most humbling experiences I've ever had.
There are more well worth the time to read - puts it all into perspective....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.