Woman finds heartwarming note on her McDonald's receipt

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Woman finds heartwarming note on her McDonald's receipt: 'I can't buy my son breakfast so I bought yours.'

A woman from Tennessee claims that after ordering food for her son, she approached the window to pay. When she got there, however, she was treated to a shocking yet pleasant surprise.

Heidi Goforth said the woman in front of her paid for her breakfast — and while that's already a nice enough gesture, the reason for the free food was even sweeter.
According to a note written on the receipt, the woman in front of Goforth is the mother of a member of the Air Force. And since she couldn’t treat him to breakfast — she decided to buy it for the person behind her.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was in a fast food place in Charleston WV getting breakfast for my family. I was chatting with a Charlestonian, and told him I was in the army and going home with the family for some leave.
When I ordered and went to pay, the waitress told me the man in front of my in the line had already paid for me. He was already gone so I could not decline or even thank him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
When I ordered and went to pay, the waitress told me the man in front of my in the line had already paid for me. He was already gone so I could not decline or even thank him.
THAT is how you do it.

And don't decline - no one is forcing people to bless you for what you're doing. Don't cheat them of that, that's selfish.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
THAT is how you do it.

And don't decline - no one is forcing people to bless you for what you're doing. Don't cheat them of that, that's selfish.
When someone goes out of their way to do something kind for me, I generally "decline" by saying, "Thanks, but that's not necessary." If they insist, then I feel I can accept in good conscience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.