Russia-linked Twitter Accounts Promoted 'Doxxing' Over Racial Tension Videos

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

In October 2018, a cellphone video of a Brooklyn woman calling 911 to claim a 9-year-old black boy grabbed her rear went viral on social media, becoming one of a series of videos that activists and journalists seized upon as an example of the everyday racism faced by minorities in America.

That woman became known as “Cornerstore Caroline.” Other individuals who became the subjects of similar stories would be known by nicknames such as “Basketball Becky” or “Taco Truck Tammy.”

Now, Clemson University researchers have found those videos received instrumental early social media promotion from inauthentic accounts, some of which have since been removed by Twitter and linked by U.S. intelligence to Russia’s efforts to stoke racial tensions in America.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
In one study I read, Russian fake Facebook accounts established a bogus group "Texans for Law Enforcement," (or something like that) and created a rally in Dallas, ostensibly in support of law enforcement, and got Texans to agree to go to the "rally." Then the same IP address in St. Petersburg organized a Black Lives Matter counter-rally at the same time and at the same place, hoping a violent clash would erupt.

The Russian stereotype of America is that it is a violent race war just waiting to happen and they go about trying to egg one on.
This is rich since Russians are some of the most racist people I have interacted with. I knew a black female major assigned as a Liaison Officer with the Russian parachute brigade working for the US 1st Infantry Division in Bosnia. Her Russian was pretty good. Russian paras called her "monkey whore" to her face. Nice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.