DJ Dale and Trey Sanders (Sanders Reportedly Out for Season)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Anyone know what type of knee injury DJ Dale has suffered? Saw mention on several sites likely out 2-3 weeks. If 3 weeks, could jeopardize being ready for Duke. (Not that he’s needed, our 3rd string could beat them.)

Also noticed Trey missed practice, AL.COM article said Saban should address his situation tomorrow. Hope this is not a compliance/discipline issue. Not assuming that to be the case as I have heard he is a great, hard working kid.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: DJ Dale and Trey Sanders

If Sanders is injured, I sure hope it doesn't impact his development and possible playing time. Sounds like he was on track to contributing.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

With DJ, and maybe Sanders too, if any qualms at all, sit them both through the first two. JMO, of course. If we can`t win those down those two new players, we`ve got far greater issues than just them and their injuries. I`m sure they both need the work, but we`ll need them more starting with USCe.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Hate it for Sanders. Dale is definitely the bigger deal though. We have depth at RB

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM

Argh....I know I usually look at college football through a Bama lens, but it sure seems like we've had worse injury luck than any other major contender the last few years. It's always the biggest worry in my mind every season. When's the last time we made it to a playoff without major contributors out or slowed by injury?

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

Argh....I know I usually look at college football through a Bama lens, but it sure seems like we've had worse injury luck than any other major contender the last few years. It's always the biggest worry in my mind every season. When's the last time we made it to a playoff without major contributors out or slowed by injury?

I am worried about injuries this year also, especially because I think BAMA can win #18 this year if the team is healthy, especially Tua. Injuries may change that, especially to the starters. Next year's schedule will be tough, especially if we have lots of players leave early.

Does anyone know what Trey was doing when he broke his foot? Was he doing a drill or did someone step on it? I wish him the best in his recovery. I know he is devastated.

Saban or the Athletic Trainer or Scott Cochran really need to look into all these foot/ankle injuries the team has had the past few years. I assume they have since they are top notch at what they do, but I also assumed the players/coaches would be prepared for the Clemson game last year. It just seems BAMA has more injuries than other teams do. (especially the past 3 years).

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Geez! It seems like every time I get excited about a player, something like this happens. Didn't we have another player with a foot injury that came back in six weeks? Hmmm, upon further thought I have never heard of a foot injury that would sideline a player from early camp and throughout the whole season. Maybe this is still speculation? :confused:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I am worried about injuries this year also, especially because I think BAMA can win #18 this year if the team is healthy, especially Tua. Injuries may change that, especially to the starters. Next year's schedule will be tough, especially if we have lots of players leave early.

Does anyone know what Trey was doing when he broke his foot? Was he doing a drill or did someone step on it? I wish him the best in his recovery. I know he is devastated.

Saban or the Athletic Trainer or Scott Cochran really need to look into all these foot/ankle injuries the team has had the past few years. I assume they have since they are top notch at what they do, but I also assumed the players/coaches would be prepared for the Clemson game last year. It just seems BAMA has more injuries than other teams do. (especially the past 3 years).
If somebody stepped on it, it must have been one of the dudes in your avatar... :biggrin2:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Don't they fix foot breaks with screws these days...? :confused:
My concern is this may go beyond a “normal foot fracture”. When they are saying “significant foot injury” and “season ending” it makes me believe this isn’t a simple fracture you can put a pin in or “fixate” with screws and expect healing in 6-8 weeks.

I’m not even going to say what I fear it could be. I hoping I’m wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.