8/10 Scrimmage Updates - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: 8/10 Scrimmage Updates

So Moody, Benton, Lee, Kaho and Harris need to step up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar

Man that guy must be very disappointed. So unfair.

BamaNation All-American

The obligatory pre-season season ending LB injury. Just amazing!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I think that Keilan Robinson might be able to help in the passing game, too. He is very elusive in the open field - very different skillset than your other RBs with Trey out.
    He will at some point, but i was hoping he would get a red shirt season to bulk up some. Though he will be star player at some point.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    We should seriously consider performing an exorcism on the practice field.
    i think we need jobu

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    He will at some point, but i was hoping he would get a red shirt season to bulk up some. Though he will be star player at some point.
    I didn't want Robinson to be redshirted.. I was hoping he would play on special team this year, and get some reps. There is always a chance that Najee and Robinson Could go after this year. Trey and Robinson needs to be ready.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I'm of course not happy to hear about the injuries, both at spots we don't have much depth. But at LB we have had McLain, Hightower, Mosley and possibly a few others who started as true freshman and nobody saw a weakness. So my question is why now does it take 2 years experience for our MLB's to get to the point of knowing what they are doing? and why did Mack Wilson not know what he was doing in his third season? At some point the former position coaches are going to have to own some of this. Hopefully the new coaches will do a better job of getting them ready.

The Sanders injury won't matter IF we don't get any more injuries. We have two game experienced players left and during the season they tend to get beat up so sometimes you end up leaning on one more than the other and visa versa. The question might be is Jerome Ford more than his three star rating?

Looking back through my records Nick Saban has only inked 3 RB's less than 4 stars. Jermaine Preyear, Ivan Matchett and Jamar Taylor. Ford has already logged more game snaps than those three combined (I don't think any of them ever took a snap). Glen Coffee on the other hand was a three star guy recruited by Shula and he ended up being a 3rd round draft pick.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    The obligatory pre-season season ending LB injury. Just amazing!
    Seems like ILB is in need of some good luck charms........ I am confident in the new guys, and believe they will step up

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I think when we see what he adds to our edge offense we will be happy he did not redshirt. I agree he will be a star player during his time.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    All of the bad words

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...or-season.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Anything I could say would be bad.
    I hate it for em.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Trial by fire. He can bulk up after the season...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I'm of course not happy to hear about the injuries, both at spots we don't have much depth. But at LB we have had McLain, Hightower, Mosley and possibly a few others who started as true freshman and nobody saw a weakness. So my question is why now does it take 2 years experience for our MLB's to get to the point of knowing what they are doing? and why did Mack Wilson not know what he was doing in his third season? At some point the former position coaches are going to have to own some of this. Hopefully the new coaches will do a better job of getting them ready.

The Sanders injury won't matter IF we don't get any more injuries. We have two game experienced players left and during the season they tend to get beat up so sometimes you end up leaning on one more than the other and visa versa. The question might be is Jerome Ford more than his three star rating?

Looking back through my records Nick Saban has only inked 3 RB's less than 4 stars. Jermaine Preyear, Ivan Matchett and Jamar Taylor. Ford has already logged more game snaps than those three combined (I don't think any of them ever took a snap). Glen Coffee on the other hand was a three star guy recruited by Shula and he ended up being a 3rd round draft pick.
    Mark Ingram was the 467th player, a 3 star, until 7 mos before signing date. He got an incredible bump of 341 spots. Josh Jacobs was the 514th player 2 mos before signing date, a 3 star, until being bumped up to 267. These were 2 of Bama's best during this era. Saban and staff wanted Ford and have not been disappointed to this point.

Btw, Ford was a 4 star by the "industry standard" 247 composite - if that really matters. His tape is very good.