8/10 Scrimmage Updates - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team smith5753's Avatar

Re: 8/10 Scrimmage Updates

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    So Moody, Benton, Lee, Kaho and Harris need to step up.
    For what it's worth, listening to talk radio this evening Wes Neighbors had nothing but big praise for Benton after watching the scrimmage Saturday. Barring another injury he feels confident Moses and Benton will get the job done. He also mentioned he's never seen an offensive line with this much potential and thinks they will be the best in bama history. Here's to hoping he's right on both!
    illegitimi non carborundum

"Look at the congratulations for Derrick Gore... and the sadness for the Gators." Verne Lundquist

"Who's the idiot that wanted Bama?" sane Washington fan

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith5753 View Post
    For what it's worth, listening to talk radio this evening Wes Neighbors had nothing but big praise for Benton after watching the scrimmage Saturday. Barring another injury he feels confident Moses and Benton will get the job done. He also mentioned he's never seen an offensive line with this much potential and thinks they will be the best in bama history. Here's to hoping he's right on both!
    If we can consistently convert 3rd and short and keep Tua upright, Iíll agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RTR!

BamaNation First Team smith5753's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    If we can consistently convert 3rd and short and keep Tua upright, I’ll agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more! One of the places I hope to see big improvements is 3rd down consistency.
    illegitimi non carborundum

"Look at the congratulations for Derrick Gore... and the sadness for the Gators." Verne Lundquist

"Who's the idiot that wanted Bama?" sane Washington fan

BamaNation All-American

I wonder if it`s possible to scrimmage without LBs? I`m kidding ( but only a little! ). I know the guys other than Dylan need the work. Intrigued with Benton. Thought I saw somewhere that somebody who has seen them seems to think he could be fine ( Wes Neighbors, maybe? ). OOPs! Just saw the above post where it was Neighbors. Sorry.

BamaNation All-American

Obviously hope he`s right, but that`s a tall order. Evan Neal working with the first O line. Just mix and match? Due to Matt Womack being dinged?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Obviously hope he`s right, but that`s a tall order. Evan Neal working with the first O line. Just mix and match? Due to Matt Womack being dinged?
    There have been rumor for a while that Evan Neal is going to earn a starting job. Apparently he's too good to keep off the field.

Was told Benton was the best LB on the field Saturday. A guy in his third year in the system, so he should know the playbook well enough to get the job done.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Was told Benton was the best LB on the field Saturday. A guy in his third year in the system, so he should know the playbook well enough to get the job done.
    Hope so - he has not seen much game action.

Can Benton call the plays I guess would be the key question. Or would that go to Moses?

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Man I hope so. Would be an awesome story as well.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

There was a well-respected poster on an SEC board who was present and said Benton was "lights out" in the scrimmage.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    There was a well-respected poster on an SEC board who was present and said Benton was "lights out" in the scrimmage.
    That sounds great. I'm looking forward to getting some notes from practice, and some words from the big man about ILB going forward. OLB's should be outstanding and if Dale is as advertised the middle should be solid even if not as dynamic as last year with big Q. Putting a solid guy at the other ILB will get the front seven in a good place with what I expect to be a veteran, nasty secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattTide View Post
    Can Benton call the plays I guess would be the key question. Or would that go to Moses?

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide
    That would most likely go to Moses.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson