8/10 Scrimmage Updates - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: 8/10 Scrimmage Updates

I heard on some podcast, that they may be trying to have someone other than Moses call plays. The goal is to let Moses play “free” and instinctively.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattTide View Post
    Can Benton call the plays I guess would be the key question. Or would that go to Moses?

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    I heard on some podcast, that they may be trying to have someone other than Moses call plays. The goal is to let Moses play “free” and instinctively.
    It sounded like the reason McMillon was pegged as the starter was not because of his physical ability being better than the guys behind him, but because he is such an intelligent player (engineering major) and knows the defense as well as anyone even if he doesn't have the playing time to back it up. Benton's been in the program as long as Moses, but I would be surprised if it isn't Moses calling the plays.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Power Eye View Post
    It sounded like the reason McMillon was pegged as the starter was not because of his physical ability being better than the guys behind him, but because he is such an intelligent player (engineering major) and knows the defense as well as anyone even if he doesn't have the playing time to back it up. Benton's been in the program as long as Moses, but I would be surprised if it isn't Moses calling the plays.

Me, too. But Mack's problems last year prove that experience and physical skills do not guarantee that you can get your teammates into the right alignment. This is a pivotal year for DM to prove that he is more than the sum of his physical gifts. How many times did we watch him and Mack cover the same guy or run to the same spot?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...secondary.html

Freshman Jordan Battle was the second-team strong safety. Daniel Wright was the second-team free safety. Shyheim Carter was the second-team nickel back. Scooby Carter and Marcus Banks were the second-team cornerbacks.
    That was interesting read right there.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...secondary.html

That was interesting read right there.
    Suggests the first team nickel is Diggs, Jobe, and Surtain. Would be surprised if Shy doesn't move to the first team, but if he doesn't, that would indicate the skill possessed by the young guys.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Suggests the first team nickel is Diggs, Jobe, and Surtain. Would be surprised if Shy doesn't move to the first team, but if he doesn't, that would indicate the skill possessed by the young guys.
    Agreed. I think we'll see some position being established after Scrimmage this weekend.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Hopefully no more injuries.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Agreed. Shy is too good to not be on the field a lot. As big of leads that we will have I'm sure we will be in dime a lot and Shy will get some nickel reps also IMO.

BamaNation All-SEC

Sounds to me they are in the phase where they are trying to see who can really play where and which parts work best together in combination as well as ensuring the second line guys have some versatility in where they can step in and play in case of an injury.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

We saw Jennings off on the side in a knee brace yesterday. Just saw the practice clip from today and he is barely moving. Not sure what happened, but he seems pretty limited in practice right now.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    We saw Jennings off on the side in a knee brace yesterday. Just saw the practice clip from today and he is barely moving. Not sure what happened, but he seems pretty limited in practice right now.
    Seems like there are lots of dinged up guys right now...…………..hope everything is good and ready to go soon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Gotta think that Carter would at worst be the dimeback.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Gotta think that Carter would at worst be the dimeback.
    At WORST.....

I mean he was 2nd on the team last year with 10 PBU's and 2nd in INTs.

He was 1st on team in Picks 6's with both of his INT's being housed.

I just can't see how he won't be part of Nickel and Dime packages.