8/10 Scrimmage Updates

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I think that Keilan Robinson might be able to help in the passing game, too. He is very elusive in the open field - very different skillset than your other RBs with Trey out.
He will at some point, but i was hoping he would get a red shirt season to bulk up some. Though he will be star player at some point.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He will at some point, but i was hoping he would get a red shirt season to bulk up some. Though he will be star player at some point.
I didn't want Robinson to be redshirted.. I was hoping he would play on special team this year, and get some reps. There is always a chance that Najee and Robinson Could go after this year. Trey and Robinson needs to be ready.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm of course not happy to hear about the injuries, both at spots we don't have much depth. But at LB we have had McLain, Hightower, Mosley and possibly a few others who started as true freshman and nobody saw a weakness. So my question is why now does it take 2 years experience for our MLB's to get to the point of knowing what they are doing? and why did Mack Wilson not know what he was doing in his third season? At some point the former position coaches are going to have to own some of this. Hopefully the new coaches will do a better job of getting them ready.

The Sanders injury won't matter IF we don't get any more injuries. We have two game experienced players left and during the season they tend to get beat up so sometimes you end up leaning on one more than the other and visa versa. The question might be is Jerome Ford more than his three star rating?

Looking back through my records Nick Saban has only inked 3 RB's less than 4 stars. Jermaine Preyear, Ivan Matchett and Jamar Taylor. Ford has already logged more game snaps than those three combined (I don't think any of them ever took a snap). Glen Coffee on the other hand was a three star guy recruited by Shula and he ended up being a 3rd round draft pick.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I'm of course not happy to hear about the injuries, both at spots we don't have much depth. But at LB we have had McLain, Hightower, Mosley and possibly a few others who started as true freshman and nobody saw a weakness. So my question is why now does it take 2 years experience for our MLB's to get to the point of knowing what they are doing? and why did Mack Wilson not know what he was doing in his third season? At some point the former position coaches are going to have to own some of this. Hopefully the new coaches will do a better job of getting them ready.

The Sanders injury won't matter IF we don't get any more injuries. We have two game experienced players left and during the season they tend to get beat up so sometimes you end up leaning on one more than the other and visa versa. The question might be is Jerome Ford more than his three star rating?

Looking back through my records Nick Saban has only inked 3 RB's less than 4 stars. Jermaine Preyear, Ivan Matchett and Jamar Taylor. Ford has already logged more game snaps than those three combined (I don't think any of them ever took a snap). Glen Coffee on the other hand was a three star guy recruited by Shula and he ended up being a 3rd round draft pick.
Mark Ingram was the 467th player, a 3 star, until 7 mos before signing date. He got an incredible bump of 341 spots. Josh Jacobs was the 514th player 2 mos before signing date, a 3 star, until being bumped up to 267. These were 2 of Bama's best during this era. Saban and staff wanted Ford and have not been disappointed to this point.

Btw, Ford was a 4 star by the "industry standard" 247 composite - if that really matters. His tape is very good.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
So Moody, Benton, Lee, Kaho and Harris need to step up.
For what it's worth, listening to talk radio this evening Wes Neighbors had nothing but big praise for Benton after watching the scrimmage Saturday. Barring another injury he feels confident Moses and Benton will get the job done. He also mentioned he's never seen an offensive line with this much potential and thinks they will be the best in bama history. Here's to hoping he's right on both!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
For what it's worth, listening to talk radio this evening Wes Neighbors had nothing but big praise for Benton after watching the scrimmage Saturday. Barring another injury he feels confident Moses and Benton will get the job done. He also mentioned he's never seen an offensive line with this much potential and thinks they will be the best in bama history. Here's to hoping he's right on both!
If we can consistently convert 3rd and short and keep Tua upright, I’ll agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wonder if it`s possible to scrimmage without LBs? I`m kidding ( but only a little! ). I know the guys other than Dylan need the work. Intrigued with Benton. Thought I saw somewhere that somebody who has seen them seems to think he could be fine ( Wes Neighbors, maybe? ). OOPs! Just saw the above post where it was Neighbors. Sorry.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Obviously hope he`s right, but that`s a tall order. Evan Neal working with the first O line. Just mix and match? Due to Matt Womack being dinged?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Obviously hope he`s right, but that`s a tall order. Evan Neal working with the first O line. Just mix and match? Due to Matt Womack being dinged?
There have been rumor for a while that Evan Neal is going to earn a starting job. Apparently he's too good to keep off the field.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was told Benton was the best LB on the field Saturday. A guy in his third year in the system, so he should know the playbook well enough to get the job done.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Was told Benton was the best LB on the field Saturday. A guy in his third year in the system, so he should know the playbook well enough to get the job done.
Hope so - he has not seen much game action.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.