Predict The Record for 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Predict The Record for 2019

My prediction is we have a one loss regular season. We'll either lose to Auburn, aTm or LSU. We win the SEC Championship and go on to win the national title.

14-1 National Champions
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American

Were beating everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Every year I believe Bama is going to win every game. Not just win, but to the extent there is no doubt whatsoever as to which team is the best. This is not "every" year. 2019 is THE year!
    Last edited by ALA2262; August 12th, 2019 at 10:10 AM.

If Tua stays healthy, this year will be much like last year. We'll roll through the regular season without really being challenged. The SECCG will be tough, but not as tough as last year. The playoffs will end with Saban hoisting another championship trophy.

If Tua gets injured, we'll struggle with aTm and LSU. I doubt we'll win the SECCG, if we get there.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jashleyren2 View Post
    11-1 regular season. I almost think we "need" to lose one, to remain focused. It just appeared to come too easy last year, though, I think most of you will agree, those guys taking the hits and doing the reads and making the tackles on the field, would NOT agree that any of it was easy.

11-1, 12-1 after winning the SECCG over UGA, again, and this time, not nearly as close. 13-1 after going into against someone in the first round of the CFBP, and 14-1 after winning #19.

Only downside to all this great news? Tua leaves for the NFL, as do some other big contributors, and, I think, the clock to retirement begins for Coach Saban. Maybe 1 more year, maybe 3 more, but I think he's gone after 2022 season, at the latest. That'll be 16 seasons, and he will be past 70. And cemented as the greatest to ever coach the game, all due respect to Coach Bryant, who I think might agree.
    There is no doubt that a "well-timed L" can help a team refocus, but I don't think we'll need it this year after the embarrassment of last seasons NC game. I think we will be locked and loaded and very focused.

This is all assuming Tua stays healthy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Barring another major injury, I also think the most likely outcome is a one loss season, most likely to either the barn(Saban is 3-3 @jhs) or another team in the playoffs. Texas AM and LSU should present the only real challenges, with South Carolina being a wildcard at this point.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; August 12th, 2019 at 01:29 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Barring another major injury, I also think the most likely outcome is a one loss season, most likely to either the barn(Saban is 3-3 @jhs) or another team in the playoffs. Texas AM and LSU should present the only real challenges, with South Carolina being a wildcard at this point.
    Alabama is 3-2 vs AU in J-H in the last 11 years after Saban got it going, with one of their 2 wins being one of great misfortune for Bama and the other being one where Bama was ahead approaching the beginning of the 4th qtr with a crippled D and indecisive and crumbling offense. As things now stand Alabama should be a solid favorite having effortlessly put up 52, yes 52, on their "great D" last year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I’m curious what everyone thinks our record will be after the SEC game.
    I'm hoping for more but I think Bama goes 10-2 - loses to A&M and LSU or Auburn. Doesn't make it to the playoffs.

Sorry guys. Just my honest opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I'm hoping for more but I think Bama goes 10-2 - loses to A&M and LSU or Auburn. Doesn't make it to the playoffs.

Sorry guys. Just my honest opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
    At least support your opinion with something useful.....we haven’t lost two games in the regular season since 2010. And the SEC was a tougher slate back then.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

Is everyone hedging their guess to be accurate? Or do you all really think we are going to lose a game this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoySince89 View Post
    15-0...nothing less
    I'll see your 15-0 and raise you 1......

16-0!
    "Old dog - new tricks"

BamaNation All-SEC BamaBoySince89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I'll see your 15-0 and raise you 1......

16-0!
    Great, Im looking forward to beating New England

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

So many question marks to really predict a national championship, but not enough to not be confident that bama makes it through 13 with no more than 2 losses.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal