Predict The Record for 2019

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm hoping for more but I think Bama goes 10-2 - loses to A&M and LSU or Auburn. Doesn't make it to the playoffs.

Sorry guys. Just my honest opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
At least support your opinion with something useful.....we haven’t lost two games in the regular season since 2010. And the SEC was a tougher slate back then.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So many question marks to really predict a national championship, but not enough to not be confident that bama makes it through 13 with no more than 2 losses.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Alabama is 3-2 vs AU in J-H in the last 11 years after Saban got it going, with one of their 2 wins being one of great misfortune for Bama and the other being one where Bama was ahead approaching the beginning of the 4th qtr with a crippled D and indecisive and crumbling offense. As things now stand Alabama should be a solid favorite having effortlessly put up 52, yes 52, on their "great D" last year.
We are practically a “solid favorite” in almost every game. I took that into consideration when I made my one loss season prediction.

And your prediction is?

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope we make it to the Championship game. It is difficult for me to predict what our record will be with all the injuries so far before the first game has even started.

Healthy Tua and healthy Dylan Moses, Jalen Waddle = either undefeated or maybe 1 loss during regular season.
Win SEC Championship v UGA, win National Championship #18

Injured Tua or Dylan during key games like Texas AM, LSU, Auburn = probably still win but will be very close call. I don't like the team having to play away at Texas AM, Auburn, and Miss State all in the same season.

I just pray there are no more major injuries or sickness, etc to any of the players and that the coaches also stay healthy/sick free/injury free.

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
I do think we lose one regular season game. A&M, Auburn, LSU are the obvious, but I worry about a team like Arkansas, with an offensive scheme which could expose our defense.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I do think we lose one regular season game. A&M, Auburn, LSU are the obvious, but I worry about a team like Arkansas, with an offensive scheme which could expose our defense.
FWIW last year we beat A&M by 22, Auburn by 31, LSU by 29 and Arkansas by 37. I just don't think any of those teams have improved enough to close in on a 20-30 point gap.

And, I'm somewhat convinced we are going to be better than last year.

I just don't see how we lose a regular season game unless Tua gets hurt.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
FWIW last year we beat A&M by 22, Auburn by 31, LSU by 29 and Arkansas by 37. I just don't think any of those teams have improved enough to close in on a 20-30 point gap.

And, I'm somewhat convinced we are going to be better than last year.

I just don't see how we lose a regular season game unless Tua gets hurt.
What about post season?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
What about post season?
To be frank Clemson and Georgia are the only 2 teams in the country I think can beat us. I seriously do not think there is another team that could come all that close barring some crazy stuff.

Maybe a team like Ohio State that has recruited well will rise and become another challenger as the year goes on especially if Fields turns into something. But as of right now I don't see it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sorry, but....what?

Too many “no’s”.
Too many question marks to feel really good about predicting a national championship. Tua’s health, the new offense, the effectiveness of the defense, and the new coaches are just a few of the big ones. I think we will be in Atlanta on the first weekend December, most likely undefeated, but past that who knows. I’m not as confident as I was in 2012, 2015, and 2017 when there were few question marks.

More or less I probably would want to wait until the 2nd off week before predicting the postseason.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Too many question marks to feel really good about predicting a national championship. Tua’s health, the new offense, the effectiveness of the defense, and the new coaches are just a few of the big ones. I think we will be in Atlanta on the first weekend December, most likely undefeated, but past that who knows. I’m not as confident as I was in 2012, 2015, and 2017 when there were few question marks.

More or less I probably would want to wait until the 2nd off week before predicting the postseason.
It is okay to let your optimist out. Every team has question marks, and Alabama has fewer than any other team in the country.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is okay to let your optimist out. Every team has question marks, and Alabama has fewer than any other team in the country.
Optimistically I can see us getting to national championship vs Clemson but winning it I have no idea. Some people cite revenge will carry the day, but I still think the key will be getting to Trevor Lawrence to which no amount of optimism can give the defense that benefit of the doubt without seeing them first. If the defense can’t slow down Clemson’s offense then it will be a never ending scoring match that probably will be decided by who has the ball last.

If this is a “ let’s all predict a national championship thread” then fine I’ll play 15-0. But if this is a realistic thread then 13-1 or 14-1 without seeing the team first. 15-0 is a possibility if we get every favorable bounce, the schedule doesn’t hurt us, and don’t get bit by the injury bug.

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Optimistically I can see us getting to national championship vs Clemson but winning it I have no idea. Some people cite revenge will carry the day, but I still think the key will be getting to Trevor Lawrence to which no amount of optimism can give the defense that benefit of the doubt without seeing them first. If the defense can’t slow down Clemson’s offense then it will be a never ending scoring match that probably will be decided by who has the ball last.

If this is a “ let’s all predict a national championship thread” then fine I’ll play 15-0. But if this is a realistic thread then 13-1 or 14-1 without seeing the team first. 15-0 is a possibility if we get every favorable bounce, the schedule doesn’t hurt us, and don’t get bit by the injury bug.
Don’t worry. It’s all for fun. Im predicting a one loss season which means a possible loss at Auburn(oh the horror!) yet I’m an eeyore. �� and I could care less...��. I just think it’s extremely difficult to go undefeated in the sec.

Seriously, your scenario is very possible. We will be favored in every game as long as we keep winning.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.