Predict The Record for 2019 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Re: Predict The Record for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    So many question marks to really predict a national championship, but not enough to not be confident that bama makes it through 13 with no more than 2 losses.
    Sorry, but....what?

Too many ďnoísĒ.

BamaNation Third Team tidesarollin's Avatar

12-0, SEC Champs, 2 playoff wins = 15-0.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Alabama is 3-2 vs AU in J-H in the last 11 years after Saban got it going, with one of their 2 wins being one of great misfortune for Bama and the other being one where Bama was ahead approaching the beginning of the 4th qtr with a crippled D and indecisive and crumbling offense. As things now stand Alabama should be a solid favorite having effortlessly put up 52, yes 52, on their "great D" last year.
    We are practically a “solid favorite” in almost every game. I took that into consideration when I made my one loss season prediction.

And your prediction is?
    Last edited by deliveryman35; August 13th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Man, I am just looking forward to seeing the games...nervous as a prostitute in church.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

I hope we make it to the Championship game. It is difficult for me to predict what our record will be with all the injuries so far before the first game has even started.

Healthy Tua and healthy Dylan Moses, Jalen Waddle = either undefeated or maybe 1 loss during regular season.
    Win SEC Championship v UGA, win National Championship #18

Injured Tua or Dylan during key games like Texas AM, LSU, Auburn = probably still win but will be very close call. I don't like the team having to play away at Texas AM, Auburn, and Miss State all in the same season.

I just pray there are no more major injuries or sickness, etc to any of the players and that the coaches also stay healthy/sick free/injury free.

BamaNation First Team

I do think we lose one regular season game. A&M, Auburn, LSU are the obvious, but I worry about a team like Arkansas, with an offensive scheme which could expose our defense.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinAZ View Post
    I do think we lose one regular season game. A&M, Auburn, LSU are the obvious, but I worry about a team like Arkansas, with an offensive scheme which could expose our defense.
    FWIW last year we beat A&M by 22, Auburn by 31, LSU by 29 and Arkansas by 37. I just don't think any of those teams have improved enough to close in on a 20-30 point gap.

And, I'm somewhat convinced we are going to be better than last year.

I just don't see how we lose a regular season game unless Tua gets hurt.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    FWIW last year we beat A&M by 22, Auburn by 31, LSU by 29 and Arkansas by 37. I just don't think any of those teams have improved enough to close in on a 20-30 point gap.

And, I'm somewhat convinced we are going to be better than last year.

I just don't see how we lose a regular season game unless Tua gets hurt.
    What about post season?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    What about post season?
    To be frank Clemson and Georgia are the only 2 teams in the country I think can beat us. I seriously do not think there is another team that could come all that close barring some crazy stuff.

Maybe a team like Ohio State that has recruited well will rise and become another challenger as the year goes on especially if Fields turns into something. But as of right now I don't see it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

15-0 and we get to pay back Clemson in the big one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Sorry, but....what?

Too many ďnoísĒ.
    Too many question marks to feel really good about predicting a national championship. Tuaís health, the new offense, the effectiveness of the defense, and the new coaches are just a few of the big ones. I think we will be in Atlanta on the first weekend December, most likely undefeated, but past that who knows. Iím not as confident as I was in 2012, 2015, and 2017 when there were few question marks.

More or less I probably would want to wait until the 2nd off week before predicting the postseason.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; August 13th, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Too many question marks to feel really good about predicting a national championship. Tuaís health, the new offense, the effectiveness of the defense, and the new coaches are just a few of the big ones. I think we will be in Atlanta on the first weekend December, most likely undefeated, but past that who knows. Iím not as confident as I was in 2012, 2015, and 2017 when there were few question marks.

More or less I probably would want to wait until the 2nd off week before predicting the postseason.
    It is okay to let your optimist out. Every team has question marks, and Alabama has fewer than any other team in the country.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    It is okay to let your optimist out. Every team has question marks, and Alabama has fewer than any other team in the country.
    Optimistically I can see us getting to national championship vs Clemson but winning it I have no idea. Some people cite revenge will carry the day, but I still think the key will be getting to Trevor Lawrence to which no amount of optimism can give the defense that benefit of the doubt without seeing them first. If the defense canít slow down Clemsonís offense then it will be a never ending scoring match that probably will be decided by who has the ball last.

If this is a ď letís all predict a national championship threadĒ then fine Iíll play 15-0. But if this is a realistic thread then 13-1 or 14-1 without seeing the team first. 15-0 is a possibility if we get every favorable bounce, the schedule doesnít hurt us, and donít get bit by the injury bug.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; August 13th, 2019 at 06:21 PM.