Predict The Record for 2019 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: Predict The Record for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Optimistically I can see us getting to national championship vs Clemson but winning it I have no idea. Some people cite revenge will carry the day, but I still think the key will be getting to Trevor Lawrence to which no amount of optimism can give the defense that benefit of the doubt without seeing them first. If the defense can’t slow down Clemson’s offense then it will be a never ending scoring match that probably will be decided by who has the ball last.

If this is a “ let’s all predict a national championship thread” then fine I’ll play 15-0. But if this is a realistic thread then 13-1 or 14-1 without seeing the team first. 15-0 is a possibility if we get every favorable bounce, the schedule doesn’t hurt us, and don’t get bit by the injury bug.
    Don’t worry. It’s all for fun. Im predicting a one loss season which means a possible loss at Auburn(oh the horror!) yet I’m an eeyore. �� and I could care less...��. I just think it’s extremely difficult to go undefeated in the sec.

Seriously, your scenario is very possible. We will be favored in every game as long as we keep winning.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; August 13th, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

I went to the sports book at Beau Rivage a few days ago. The over under on Alabama wins this year is 11. I contemplated placing a decent wager on the over, thinking like Cajun Crimson - when is the last time Bama lost 2 regular season games? If they lose one it’s a push and I get my money back. But then, I found the catch (I’m a gambling novice). There are odds to go along with it. The over bet was -150, meaning you had to be $15 to win $10. Given that, I passed. I did take the under for Michigan. It’s set at 10 games and the under was +120, so my $20 bet would yield $24. I’ll enjoy cheering against them.

Put it me down for an 11-1 regular season for the Tide.
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

BamaNation All-SEC

11-1 in the regular season, as they almost always come out flat and drop one. Which one is pretty much a random choice. But I think this is the year Kirby comes out on top in the SECCG though it will be close as usual. And the Tide has no motivation after that and loses in the Sugar Bowl. 11-3 overall.
    Kirby gets to the NC game and loses to Clemson.

BamaNation First Team 12Namath12's Avatar

13-0. Could it be anything else?

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 12Namath12 View Post
    13-0. Could it be anything else?
    13-0 doesnít make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    13-0 doesn’t make any sense.
    We go undefeated during the regular season, beat UGA in the SECCG, then decline the offer for the playoffs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Not a season record prediction, but could not find anywhere else to post. I am watching the rerun of the 2011 Alabama vs LSU 9-6 loss. The halftime score was 3-3. I guess I forgot or never knew that we missed 3 FGs in the first half. I hope our kicking game improves dramatically this year with Reichard.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Not a season record prediction, but could not find anywhere else to post. I am watching the rerun of the 2011 Alabama vs LSU 9-6 loss. The halftime score was 3-3. I guess I forgot or never knew that we missed 3 FGs in the first half. I hope our kicking game improves dramatically this year with Reichard.
    Placekicking for sure cost us a national title in 2013 and almost did the same in 2011 and 2017.

BamaNation First Team 12Namath12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    We go undefeated during the regular season, beat UGA in the SECCG, then decline the offer for the playoffs.
    I guess I misunderstood the op's question. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Didn't you and everyone else too?
    Last edited by 12Namath12; August 18th, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Placekicking for sure cost us a national title in 2013 and almost did the same in 2011 and 2017.
    Would be nice to finally have a kicker.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings