Predict The Record for 2019

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
12-1 seccg. 14-1 including cfp. National Champs. I predict we lose a game early and turn into a nasty team to play against. Ala 2011
ETA
I do not predict most fans on this site to predict worse than 11-2 which is not much worse than 14-1. This will not be a diverse thread unless we have a lot of eyoores.
Tbh I think you could do a national thread and you would not get many replies below 3 losses and most replies would be 0-3 losses. Regardless of how many fans feel, we are nationally respected.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The only team that you will face with a chance to beat you with a healthy Tua is GA, and I don't think that they will get it done. 13-0. If Tua gets hurt - I really have no idea.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If I were a betting man, I'd say we finish the regular season undefeated.

I'm all Crimson, but if there ever is a year to run the table, it's this year. Our offense should be one of the best, if not the best, in the school's history. Even if our defense isn't all we might want it to be, I believe the offense can make up the difference.

Greatest Bama season ever at 15-0!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If someone predicts two losses, I would love to know what it’s based on, certainly not history.

I think we are 12-0 even if we didn’t have Tua.

After that it would be tough. The schedule aligns beautifully this year.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
If someone predicts two losses, I would love to know what it’s based on, certainly not history.

I think we are 12-0 even if we didn’t have Tua.

After that it would be tough. The schedule aligns beautifully this year.
The only way we could possibly lose 2 games in the regular season is if we show up completely flat at A&M and if Joe Burrows turns into Tom Brady overnight before the LSU game. Those are the only two teams on the calendar that are talented enough to give us a run for our money.

I could see dropping one of them, but definitely not both. I’m with most everyone else though, we’ll never have a more favorable schedule. If we win both of those games, I think the odds of 12-0 are 99.9%. The remaining 3 games will be a crap shoot of who we face and how healthy we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
11-1 regular season. I almost think we "need" to lose one, to remain focused. It just appeared to come too easy last year, though, I think most of you will agree, those guys taking the hits and doing the reads and making the tackles on the field, would NOT agree that any of it was easy.

11-1, 12-1 after winning the SECCG over UGA, again, and this time, not nearly as close. 13-1 after going into against someone in the first round of the CFBP, and 14-1 after winning #19.

Only downside to all this great news? Tua leaves for the NFL, as do some other big contributors, and, I think, the clock to retirement begins for Coach Saban. Maybe 1 more year, maybe 3 more, but I think he's gone after 2022 season, at the latest. That'll be 16 seasons, and he will be past 70. And cemented as the greatest to ever coach the game, all due respect to Coach Bryant, who I think might agree.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The only team that you will face with a chance to beat you with a healthy Tua is GA, and I don't think that they will get it done. 13-0. If Tua gets hurt - I really have no idea.
i don't think georgia is capable if tua is healthy. we would have destroyed them in the game last year barring tua's early injuries, and i think georgia will take a step back this year.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Careful, you know our rivals...they'll be saying we stole another one...:pDT_nunu: on TideFans.com
11-1 regular season. I almost think we "need" to lose one, to remain focused. It just appeared to come to easy last year, though, I think most of you will agree, those guys taking the hits and doing the reads and making the tackles on the field, would NOT agree that any of it was easy.

11-1, 12-1 after winning the SECCG over UGA, again, and this time, not nearly as close. 13-1 after going into against someone in the first round of the CFBP, and 14-1 after winning #19.

Only downside to all this great news? Tua leaves for the NFL, as do some other big contributors, and, I think, the clock to retirement begins for Coach Saban. Maybe 1 more year, maybe 3 more, but I think he's gone after 2022 season, at the latest. That'll be 16 seasons, and he will be past 70. And cemented as the greatest to ever coach the game, all due respect to Coach Bryant, who I think might agree.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Every year I believe Bama is going to win every game. Not just win, but to the extent there is no doubt whatsoever as to which team is the best. This is not "every" year. 2019 is THE year!

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
If Tua stays healthy, this year will be much like last year. We'll roll through the regular season without really being challenged. The SECCG will be tough, but not as tough as last year. The playoffs will end with Saban hoisting another championship trophy.

If Tua gets injured, we'll struggle with aTm and LSU. I doubt we'll win the SECCG, if we get there.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
11-1 regular season. I almost think we "need" to lose one, to remain focused. It just appeared to come too easy last year, though, I think most of you will agree, those guys taking the hits and doing the reads and making the tackles on the field, would NOT agree that any of it was easy.

There is no doubt that a "well-timed L" can help a team refocus, but I don't think we'll need it this year after the embarrassment of last seasons NC game. I think we will be locked and loaded and very focused.

This is all assuming Tua stays healthy.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Barring another major injury, I also think the most likely outcome is a one loss season, most likely to either the barn(Saban is 3-3 @jhs) or another team in the playoffs. Texas AM and LSU should present the only real challenges, with South Carolina being a wildcard at this point.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Barring another major injury, I also think the most likely outcome is a one loss season, most likely to either the barn(Saban is 3-3 @jhs) or another team in the playoffs. Texas AM and LSU should present the only real challenges, with South Carolina being a wildcard at this point.
Alabama is 3-2 vs AU in J-H in the last 11 years after Saban got it going, with one of their 2 wins being one of great misfortune for Bama and the other being one where Bama was ahead approaching the beginning of the 4th qtr with a crippled D and indecisive and crumbling offense. As things now stand Alabama should be a solid favorite having effortlessly put up 52, yes 52, on their "great D" last year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.