Link: Of locks and lore -- the tallest tales of Trevor Lawrence

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
[FONT=&quot]"MILLER FORRISTALL SHOULD'VE[/FONT][FONT=&quot] been Cartersville High School's star QB, if not for this kid -- this middle school kid -- who showed up to spring ball in 2014 with eyes on the job. People were already buzzing about Lawrence, but Forristall wasn't buying the hype.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"The kid's in eighth grade," Forristall thought. "How good could he be?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I saw him throw one ball," Forristall says, "and I knew he was legit."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Forristall switched positions. He became one of Lawrence's favorite targets and closest friends and eventually landed a scholarship to Alabama -- where he plays tight end."

[/FONT]
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...4/of-locks-lore-tallest-tales-trevor-lawrence[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
They will........ he’s the toast of CFB, and thus the media loves him, which is good....... puts the target on his back
they did this with tua all last year and i didn't really like it. i think it went to our collective heads (coaches, players, etc) a little bit.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
they did this with tua all last year and i didn't really like it. i think it went to our collective heads (coaches, players, etc) a little bit.
I wasn't that fond of it either...………….The University should have someone follow star players around to whisper in their ears " Remember, thou art mortal"( Memento Mori, for you Latin people)

daddybama1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2018
I sure hope it "goes to his head" and the pressure builds so much by the time we play them in the CFP...he wont slice and dice us AGAIN! Lawd have mercy...he was throwing lasers!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Yeesh, he seems like a great kid, but the media is falling all over themselves. Just think- 2 more years of this! Then it’s on to the next “best prospect ever.”

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am all BAMA but this is a good article on Trevor. I think based on his personality, the fame will not get to his head and he will be humble, kind of like Tua. I think both Tua and Trevor's faith will keep them humble, which should spill over to the teammates since they are both leaders. One advantage BAMA has this year, though, is the hunger and focus. (from Clemson beating us so bad).

We live about 20 minutes from Trevor's hometown of Cartersville. I don't know him personally but I know someone who knows their whole family personally. He seems like a good kid.

What that being said, I still hope we beat Clemson by at least 3 TD's if we get the chance to play them again. I think as long as Tua stays healthy and we don't have any more season ending injuries, Saban will get his #18 this year and break Bear Bryant's record. This is the year to do it... next year's schedule looks difficult, especially with so many probably going to the NFL early.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.