Alabama ranked 4th best SEC gameday atmosphere
    BamaNation Third Team tidesarollin's Avatar

Alabama ranked 4th best SEC gameday atmosphere

Interesting as I would definitely put Tuscaloosa ahead of Texas A&m and Auburn is WAY too high!

https://gasnsports.com/ranking-sec-f...y-atmospheres/

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Alabama ranked 4th best SEC gameday atmosphere

The 3 most overrated things in the world are frequent flyer points, extramarital sex, and the Grove at Ole Miss.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    The 3 most overrated things in the world are frequent flyer points, extramarital sex, and the Grove at Ole Miss.
    Yeah I absolutely hated my experience at Ole Miss, and I would say that I much prefer Missouri and MSU over it.

I would say aTm and LSU are the best. Itís hard to beat the massive amount of tradition, the nicest fans in the world, and being in the best stadium in the SEC while at aTm. But something about a night game at LSU gives me a slight lean towards LSU

I think way too much is made about the Grove that after someone unfortunately gets stuck in that square of drunks and gets to see that high school stadium then they might have a better view of MSU and their cowbells in their far better stadium.

Auburn is one of the most hostile atmospheres Iíve been to, and the only time I went was in 2015. I donít think I will ever go back for an Iron Bowl because the tension you could cut with a knife and you donít wanna be there when we lose or are behind for a long period of time. But you have to give their fans credit for their enthusiasm and hostility.

As far as Alabama... taking my glasses off I would say itís in the middle of the ones Iíve gone to mostly because crowds seem bored for the most part, and Tuscaloosa offers little to do and what little it has will cost you an arm and leg to do. So unless you are an Alabama fan, I think for the most part you will be disappointed based on most expectations going in. Alabama feels way more like an average NFL atmosphere than a college atmosphere. I think once they started using 90% piped music over the MDB they destroyed a good bit of the atmosphere. Basically Alabama is the New England Patriots, San Antonio Spurs, and New York Yankees in that the atmosphere you are paying for is the product on the field and not the one in the stands or outside the stadium. Which I prefer it that way as an Alabama fan, but unbiasedly I think if we are defining best atmospheres then itís in the middle.

Missouri is a cool little trip. Tennessee is okay but very disappointing.

Never been to UGA, UF, VU, ,UK, or Arkansas so no opinion. But Iím scratching of USCe this year.

1a LSU
    1b aTm
    3 Auburn
    4 Alabama
    5 MSU
    6 Missouri
    7 Tennessee
    8 Ole Miss
    Last edited by 81usaf92; August 13th, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

That Clint Switzer sure has some credibility
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda