Special lighting at BDS

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't have a problem with SOME / Occasional pumped up noise. However, I detest 3 (5) hours of constant noise. Every down, every break, every quarter, non stop. It's exhausting and ratchets up my nerves even more than they would be otherwise during a game :D

I like the video pushed out today on the lights... if they don't treat it like a shiny new toy and overdo it. Remember myspace.com? everybody had all kinds of flashy things, rotaty thngs, 100 fonts, etc etc etc. It becomes sensory overload.
Agree 100% :cool2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I really like it as well & so will the Blue Chip recruits..As if Coach Saban needed the recruiting boost it will give us..I'm actually kinda feel bad for other schools recruiting against us..Well.. Maybe not..RTR!!!!!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Can you imagine a night game with us on defense and it's 3rd down? The bell tolls. And the lights go dark for a nano-second, then completely crimson. Then back to regular lighting (Undertaker entrance comes to mind).

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Probably paranoid here, but the first time it gets deployed in a game and it disrupts the other team, the NCAA will quickly issue a cease and desist. :rolleyes:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Probably paranoid here, but the first time it gets deployed in a game and it disrupts the other team, the NCAA will quickly issue a cease and desist. :rolleyes:
Yep, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already. You can wave around stupid annoying cowbells all game but God forbid you have themed lighting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
There’s an article on AL.com this morning saying they’ll only use the color shift during a time out and pre-game. This is the first of its kind apparently. Said the white light is brighter than what is required for TV broadcast and they somehow cut down on the glare.
They can sync the music with the lights.
I worry that something will go wrong in a light shifting process and something will get stuck on red.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I really do not think the lighting will be deployed during the actual game. Pregame and halftime...maybe after the game singing Dixieland Delight. But there is a certain responsibility to all the players with this technology because strobing can negatively affect any player, even our own.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
There’s an article on AL.com this morning saying they’ll only use the color shift during a time out and pre-game. This is the first of its kind apparently. Said the white light is brighter than what is required for TV broadcast and they somehow cut down on the glare.
They can sync the music with the lights.
I worry that something will go wrong in a light shifting process and something will get stuck on red.
Yep, here it is. At least there is a 25 year warranty -

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...tadium-lights-will-change-fan-experience.html

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
I really do not think the lighting will be deployed during the actual game. Pregame and halftime...maybe after the game singing Dixieland Delight. But there is a certain responsibility to all the players with this technology because strobing can negatively affect any player, even our own.
I want to see the Crimson lighting being time-synchronized to the MDB performing Rammer Jammer at the end of a game. When that happens, color me impressed (pun intended).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Braves' Suntrust Park does the power-off and some color-shifting during opponent pitching changes, rallies, late innings etc. It's a very cool effect and they don't overdo it.

One thing I like based on the al.com article is that on-field will be 2x as bright with whiter light (vs previous yellowish) and less glare (as mentioned previously).

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Braves' Suntrust Park does the power-off and some color-shifting during opponent pitching changes, rallies, late innings etc. It's a very cool effect and they don't overdo it.

One thing I like based on the al.com article is that on-field will be 2x as bright with whiter light (vs previous yellowish) and less glare (as mentioned previously).
And uses half the energy!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I want to see the Crimson lighting being time-synchronized to the MDB performing Rammer Jammer at the end of a game. When that happens, color me impressed (pun intended).

It WILL happen! Why not? :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
awbern used their goobertron to try and disrupt game winning field goals by the other team. (I don't recall any rebukes by the NZAA.)

They did it to us a few years back as I recall... :cool2:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
awbern used their goobertron to try and disrupt game winning field goals by the other team. (I don't recall any rebukes by the NZAA.)

They did it to us a few years back as I recall... :cool2:
We’ve used flashing patterns on the ribbon boards to cause a distraction. I think that either one is bush league. Let the young men play the game and quit throwing in external things from PA/lighting built into the stadium in order to create an advantage.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Didn’t phase us at all because we don’t need no shenanigans to disrupt our FG tries.
No, it didn't work, but I was shaking my head at their attempt and thinking nothing will be done about it... :rolleye2:

Their Goobertron was lined directly behind the goal posts and would have given the kicker a seizure if he had been prone to that sort of thing.

Thankfully we made it... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.