protests in hong kong

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
and lo i presenteth thee with light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation which thy shall useth to smite thine oppressors
Oh yeah, it was the Book of Armaments!

"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pointer. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, pointest thou thy Holy Laser Pointer of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
earlier this week, the trade show organizers sent out an email asking if folks wanted to keep the trade show the first week of september or move it to december. overnight, they said the response was to keep it in september, so the show continues.

i was able to change my return ticket to leave on friday rather than saturday so we don't get caught up in potential weekend protests.

now i just need to stock up on laser pointers.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
earlier this week, the trade show organizers sent out an email asking if folks wanted to keep the trade show the first week of september or move it to december. overnight, they said the response was to keep it in september, so the show continues.

i was able to change my return ticket to leave on friday rather than saturday so we don't get caught up in potential weekend protests.

At least you know it won’t be boring. That was smart to change tickets to the Friday flight. You can be our official Tidefans on the scene reporter. I’m confident you’re going to be safe.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Very good move. My daughter's business in the French Alps was severely affected by the yellow vest ("gilets jaunes") movement in France last year. After the initial mass protests, they also backed off to being a weekend phenomenon, where they'd go out and block major roads to the tourist areas, which were also the prime income periods for my kids. So I think avoiding the weekend protesters was very smart...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I've a friend that flew back from a hifi show in HK last week - was a real time getting through the airport as apparently the protesters are (or were) completely clogging the open areas (baggage drop-off / check in, etc.).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've a friend that flew back from a hifi show in HK last week - was a real time getting through the airport as apparently the protesters are (or were) completely clogging the open areas (baggage drop-off / check in, etc.).
we will be taking our luggage to the show with us friday morning then heading over to the airport. the convention hall is next to the airport, so we will be there with plenty of time in case there are slowdowns. also, no checked baggage, so that will hopefully speed things up a bit.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I predict a lot of people are going to get hurt in these protests....which will open up a huge business expansion opportunity for this guy.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
made it to the hotel in hong kong. after yesterday's goings on shutting down the train and roads to the airport, i was a little concerned. the city is pretty dead. hardly any traffic on the road and the airport was a breeze to get through. i am staying in kowloon on the harbour and this area is usually teeming with people. there are not many folks at all out and about. i'm guessing the trade show will be pretty sparsely attended, a couple of u.s. suppliers let us know last week that they had cancelled.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
so this week was completely uneventful vis a vis protests. i catch a flight mid-afternoon to head home and it will be interesting to see what happens with the airport this weekend as several of the folks we met with are flying out saturday and sunday.

i didn't really see any signs of unrest or anything in the areas we visited, not even an increased police presence. i did see this graffiti near our hotel (next to the ferry terminal on kowloon side)

WXVnBxtDQtu5LZqYxgt%PA.jpg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.