Bama Being Considered for HBO Show

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'm not a fan either but don't think this would distract our focus much after what happened last season. I am curios as why they chose Alabama in company with those other scabs. Makes me think it would lend credibility to the project and that Coach feels he can navigate the rat poison for the spotlight on his program.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Distraction with a high potential for Rat Poison. Not a fan.
Agreed. We get plenty of exposure as it is. Don't need to have a bunch of camera folks and microphones around distracting everybody, especially players, just to get more of what we already have in abundance.

Lots of downside. Little to no upside. I vote no.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wait a minute... I don't know if the title of the thread is misleading or what not....

But this is not for the whole season. here's excerpt from the article:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ide-hbo-hard-knocks-reality-show-2019-season/

ESPN’s original idea for “Training Days: Rolling with the Tide” was to follow the team all season long but Nick Saban would not sign off on that deal. It’s unclear what would change Saban’s mind this year but DevilsDigest.com is reporting that Alabama, Arizona State, Penn State and Washington State will all be featured by HBO this coming season in some form.
HBO has chosen four college programs to run a Hard Knocks like show later in the season. ASU will be featured during the week of home game versus Washington State who was also chosen for the show along with Penn State and Alabama.
That tells me It would be just for one week.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Distraction with a high potential for Rat Poison. Not a fan.
Don't fret, Penn State's a shoo-in for the show, what with Franklin having agreed to do any number of takes from multiple camera angles repeating his infamous line about hiring only assistants with hot wives. HBO will be using the footage in upcoming "Ballers" episodes, which makes sense in these lean times for the entertainment industry.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Experience dictates what I would expect: HBO with a knee jerk intellectual bias against anything referencing “Alabama,” producing a dishonest product that fulfills their bias and perpetuates a casually informed (poor) image. Oh, this show is going to be about football? Ha. Hide and watch.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I watched Hard Knocks on the Raiders last night. First time I ever watched that show. It was really interesting but A'INT NO WAY Coach is going to allow that kind of access to his team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.