News Article: Dabo Swinney is College Football’s Real Evil Villain

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk I took this article as "hey, I know everyone is kind of obsessed with Clemson and Dabo at the moment. And we seem to see them as the white knight to Saban and Alabama's Death Star, but maybe we should look at this a little closer"

But, that's just what I got out of it. Not so much that Dabo is evil or anything.

Sure, it was fun to watch Clemson run all over Alabama in the national title game last year. Nick Saban is such a notorious villain at this point that it was undeniably pleasant to see him have to eat it a little bit. But it is worth noting: Of the two coaches on the field that night, Saban is the one who believes it’s unfair not to pay college players, not Swinney. Whom are we supposed to be rooting against, again?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Yes, I wish Dabo would shut up. But he's not evil incarnate. He's just now experiencing what it is to be the hunted, as opposed to the hunter.

If Saban keeled over today, or took it to Lake Burton after this season, I'd still offer him our job, imperfections acknowledged. That feeling might change over time. Today, he'd probably turn it down for a lot of reasons. But if you're Greg Byrne and Stewart Bell, you have to make him do that...you have to exhaust that possibility.

I understand the aversion to some of Dabo's characteristics. But if not him, who? Who would be better, and why?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Anyone who doesn't have a history of (being part of) us getting nailed by the NCAA is a good start.
It's worth noting that when Bama was doing the stuff that got us nailed, DuBose himself had an odd perspective on religion, to say the least. In my opinion, that's not one, but two strikes against Dabo returning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.