Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Harris has the talent to play right now, but when an ILB is out of position in your defense it spells disaster. I believe, but am a lot more worried than I was when fall camp began.
Suspect they are giving all of the backups an opportunity to replace McMillon. Would be shocked if Harris has jumped all of the others given his inexperience at the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Under the heading of " silver lining ", perhaps we`ll have two weeks at season`s start to break in a new ILB and RB (?).
Hopefully, the 2nd and 3rd stringers can get a lot of experience the 2nd half of the Duke game, all of New Mexico State game, and Southern Miss game. Starters will most likely need to play longer vs South Carolina and vs Ole Miss. We need everyone healthy and the 2nd/3rd stringers prepared for at Texas AM on Oct 12!

I just watched Saban's presser on facebook. He got irritated with a reporter when the guy asked about injuries, etc. I don't know what the answer is but I am sure Saban is doing his best with the injury issues. It just seems BAMA has more serious injuries than other top contenders the past few years. The presser was great, by the way. Classic Saban. I am ready to watch football!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I try to avoid reading anything about fall practice and any other college football write-ups. Too much distraction and hype; just waiting for the games to start.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I try to avoid reading anything about fall practice and any other college football write-ups. Too much distraction and hype; just waiting for the games to start.
You’re too busy watching NFL preseason, aren’t you Gray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban held out around a half-dozen guys from the scrimmage either to protect them or let them mend minor injuries. Surprising but there are several guys who are coming off injuries or been injured recently that are critical to their position's strength in 2019. For example, I don't think we can afford to lose Miller Forristall without heavily modifying the offense.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Saban on QBs behind jr. starter Tua Tagovailoa: Mac (Jones) is way ahead of the other guys. ... He's been productive in both of the scrimmages."

Jones got some first-team reps today, per Saban.
Really positive news about Mac Jones, especially as it applies to this year (and maybe next too).

In the case of Tua going down, MJ's experience, as little as it is, is far more than the other two freshmen, so this is a good development.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Really positive news about Mac Jones, especially as it applies to this year (and maybe next too).

In the case of Tua going down, MJ's experience, as little as it is, is far more than the other two freshmen, so this is a good development.
I expected MJ to be the solid backup to Tua. He was a pretty highly rated guy coming in, and he has time in the program. I hope the new guys can develop for future years, but I think Tua and Mac should steer the ship just fine as captain and co-captain this year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Saban held out around a half-dozen guys from the scrimmage either to protect them or let them mend minor injuries. Surprising but there are several guys who are coming off injuries or been injured recently that are critical to their position's strength in 2019. For example, I don't think we can afford to lose Miller Forristall without heavily modifying the offense.
A wise move IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.