Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't like injuries either but the way some are reacting you would think we are the only college team to get injuries. As it stands now I believe is we have two possible season injuries. Without looking it up I would believe that is probably average across every school in America. We are fortunate that our "next man up" is most likely better than everybody else's "next man up". We are going to win with whoever we put out there. RTR and chill out!

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
We just moved Chardarius Townsend to RB this week from WR after the Sanders injury. If Ford is seriously injured we will have 4 RB's counting Chardarius.
I'm glad to hear about Townsend moving back to RB. I think he can be an asset if he gets a chance. I hate that it's because of an injury, but I'm anxious to see Townsend get some playing time.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I'm just ready to watch them all play in a game and just knock some heads....

It's time!!!

Roll Tide!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Unlike a lot of guys, I pay particular attention to Defensive report and reports on how our OL guys are practicing.
(I love to watch the big guys)
I love the motto or 'Next man up'...
Evenone has to be prapared.

Everyone likes to watch the Offense, particulary QB,RB, WR ect...
Thing is they can be the best in the nation, and no one will know if the big guys don't perform.

I've always liked the 1s against the 1s ect...
To me it tells me what to expect when we play the really good teams.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't like injuries either but the way some are reacting you would think we are the only college team to get injuries. As it stands now I believe is we have two possible season injuries. Without looking it up I would believe that is probably average across every school in America. We are fortunate that our "next man up" is most likely better than everybody else's "next man up". We are going to win with whoever we put out there. RTR and chill out!
I recall last week reading the ESPN ticker say that an Oklahoma player had injured a knee (I think) and would be out for the season. My first reaction was "Sad for this kid. I hope he recovers fully," Then I thought to myself, "See, Bama is not the only team suffering injuries in fall camp." This is no consolation to either an OU player injured or a Bama player injured, and I do not wish injury to any player anywhere, but it does show that this is a tough sport and injuries happen.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Unlike a lot of guys, I pay particular attention to Defensive report and reports on how our OL guys are practicing.
(I love to watch the big guys)
I love the motto or 'Next man up'...
Evenone has to be prapared.

Everyone likes to watch the Offense, particulary QB,RB, WR ect...
Thing is they can be the best in the nation, and no one will know if the big guys don't perform.

I've always liked the 1s against the 1s ect...
To me it tells me what to expect when we play the really good teams.
Understand where you`re coming from Dan, but not sure I totally agree. Usually if the O line doesn`t perform the RBs have trouble making it to the line of scrimmage and the QB spends most of his time on his back or running for his life.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I recall last week reading the ESPN ticker say that an Oklahoma player had injured a knee (I think) and would be out for the season. My first reaction was "Sad for this kid. I hope he recovers fully," Then I thought to myself, "See, Bama is not the only team suffering injuries in fall camp." This is no consolation to either an OU player injured or a Bama player injured, and I do not wish injury to any player anywhere, but it does show that this is a tough sport and injuries happen.
And I saw where Oregon had a receiver injured too. It's myopic to think somehow we are cursed with injuries that nobody else has. Yes, seems like we've had some bad luck with linebackers, but it's not as if there's something in the water or about CNS or our training that causes our players to get hurt when everybody else is injury-free. I'd venture to say that every team in the country deals with a few injuries and occasionally with a key season injury. Remember they are scrimmaging too, which is the only way a team can really get ready for the first game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Understand where you`re coming from Dan, but not sure I totally agree. Usually if the O line doesn`t perform the RBs have trouble making it to the line of scrimmage and the QB spends most of his time on his back or running for his life.
I don't want to speak for him, but he might have been suggesting that no one pays attention to the o-line until they make a mistake. Alabama fans get it - football is a game won in the trenches - but few fans actually pay attention to the o-linemen in practice or in a game. Everyone follows the ball.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I still haven't gotten over Hightower getting injured for the season against Arkansas in 2009, despite the fact it worked out fantastically for him and the team anyway. So yes, I dread scrimmage reports to some degree. However, as others have said, we aren't the only ones dealing with this. We are just hyper focused on our own team. LBs and RBs probably take on the greatest amount of high impact punishment and thus are going to tend to get injured more often. OL and DL are hitting each other on every play, but they aren't getting a running start. I think we are still in good shape, however. But yes I'm ready to get the season started.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In his presser, Saban took time to emphasize that one of the goals of practice was to learn to play in a way where you don't get injured. Hightower himself said later that he had ignored what he had been taught about shedding cut blocks when he got his injury...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I'm glad to hear about Townsend moving back to RB. I think he can be an asset if he gets a chance. I hate that it's because of an injury, but I'm anxious to see Townsend get some playing time.
That's me as well. I hope Townsend lights it up and solidifies a spot on this team as a speed back as a major threat on the wheel route. If he can block then we may just see him in the backfield very soon.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
And I saw where Oregon had a receiver injured too. It's myopic to think somehow we are cursed with injuries that nobody else has. Yes, seems like we've had some bad luck with linebackers, but it's not as if there's something in the water or about CNS or our training that causes our players to get hurt when everybody else is injury-free. I'd venture to say that every team in the country deals with a few injuries and occasionally with a key season injury. Remember they are scrimmaging too, which is the only way a team can really get ready for the first game.
Your levelheaded and balanced perspective will do nothing to thwart my Druid superstition. IT'S A CURSE! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
That's me as well. I hope Townsend lights it up and solidifies a spot on this team as a speed back as a major threat on the wheel route. If he can block then we may just see him in the backfield very soon.
Not that there`s not some technique, but in large measure blocking is " wanting to", particularly for skill position guys. Therefore, also in large measure, it`s pretty much up to him.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Look forward to reading about young freshman like Christian Harris. Since scrimmage reports, reading up on him and watching his highlights. He is going to be a DUDE, one of the top linebackers by end of year, and will be around for 3 years.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Look forward to reading about young freshman like Christian Harris. Since scrimmage reports, reading up on him and watching his highlights. He is going to be a DUDE, one of the top linebackers by end of year, and will be around for 3 years.
I understand why, but, man...I sure wish we could keep these remarkable athletes for four years. Oh well, you know what they say...wish in one hand...
ROLL TIDE!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Any word on whether Jahleel Billinsley can help us immediately at TE ? He is listed under 230, so I'd assume blocking would not be his strong suit right off the bat.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
In his presser, Saban took time to emphasize that one of the goals of practice was to learn to play in a way where you don't get injured. Hightower himself said later that he had ignored what he had been taught about shedding cut blocks when he got his injury...
They would be wise to heed his advice...………...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.