Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I just crave the knowledge of how the team is progressing. I hate to see the injuries but there is nothing that can be done about it really. We just have to confide in the offseason program knowing that these guys are supremely conditioned. Just ready for the season to start man...amped up for some Tide Rollin' for sure!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am one of those who look forward to reading the daily articles/blogs but also hold my breath when I first open it, wondering if there are any additional injuries, guys in the transfer portal, etc.

I know I can't control what happens in practice or games, but I am addicted to BAMA football and want the team to win #18; plus injuries have been a big issue the last few years. I hope this year's injuries will not be as bad and that the worst is over as far as injuries are concerned.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree. It seems like a major injury for every one, more often than not, an ILB...
Yep, if this keeps up, trouble we might have recruiting LB`s won`t have anything to do with depth or anything, it`ll be that it looks like it`s hazardous to your health if you go to Alabama to play LB! Bad juju.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yep, if this keeps up, trouble we might have recruiting LB`s won`t have anything to do with depth or anything, it`ll be that it looks like it`s hazardous to your health if you go to Alabama to play LB! Bad juju.
Well, we've used "thinness" in recruiting, so...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I used to look forward to the scrimmages. Now I dread them.
The injury bug caused me to think today that the staff may be limiting participation of some of the veteran players particularly those that have previous injuries such as Terrell Lewis and Anfernee Jennings. This would have the benefit of giving more reps to the younger guys who need the game experience.

A character of CNS's great teams was the ability to dominate the LOS and stop the run. It isn't rocket science to see that couple key losses on the defensive front would ultimately make several SEC games on the schedule highly competitive.

Most of us shudder to think of more season ending injuries to come.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That aint a good thing...…………….seems the injury fairy has decided to visit again this year...…………….hopefully it isn't anything too bad for him. What do they have now, like 3 RBs ready to go?
We just moved Chardarius Townsend to RB this week from WR after the Sanders injury. If Ford is seriously injured we will have 4 RB's counting Chardarius.

I went to BOL to see if they have posted any scrimmage notes and they had a video of warm-ups. They had video posted of the pre-scrimmage drills and in the ILB drills Christian Harris was # 2 in line followed by Benton and the others. They also had a premium article with notes of the pre-scrimmage with a photo of Christian Harris. I would find it hard to figure that Christian has come in never playing ILB and reporting in the summer and he is leading the race for the other spot but Saban has started a true freshman at ILB before.

Travis Reier just confirmed Harris was running with the 1's in pre-game drills and 7-on-7.

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
We just moved Chardarius Townsend to RB this week from WR after the Sanders injury. If Ford is seriously injured we will have 4 RB's counting Chardarius.

I went to BOL to see if they have posted any scrimmage notes and they had a video of warm-ups. They had video posted of the pre-scrimmage drills and in the ILB drills Christian Harris was # 2 in line followed by Benton and the others. They also had a premium article with notes of the pre-scrimmage with a photo of Christian Harris. I would find it hard to figure that Christian has come in never playing ILB and reporting in the summer and he is leading the race for the other spot but Saban has started a true freshman at ILB before.

Travis Reier just confirmed Harris was running with the 1's in pre-game drills and 7-on-7.
Lets hope Ford is ok, and that we have NO MORE injuries...………..And If Christian Harris wins the other ILB spot, he must be a pretty special talent

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Harris has the talent to play right now, but when an ILB is out of position in your defense it spells disaster. I believe, but am a lot more worried than I was when fall camp began.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.