Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?

I would be a charter member of that particular club! I know you have to do it, but gee whiz....!

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: Anybody Else Both Look Forward To and Dread Scrimmage Reports?

I just crave the knowledge of how the team is progressing. I hate to see the injuries but there is nothing that can be done about it really. We just have to confide in the offseason program knowing that these guys are supremely conditioned. Just ready for the season to start man...amped up for some Tide Rollin' for sure!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

I agree. It seems like a major injury for every one, more often than not, an ILB...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Agreed. I hold my breath when I click the link. Mostly it's about injuries, but I will admit kicking statistics play a part....
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team bvandegraff's Avatar

With you on that, especially the injury part. Put them in bubble wrap or suits of armor or something!

I am one of those who look forward to reading the daily articles/blogs but also hold my breath when I first open it, wondering if there are any additional injuries, guys in the transfer portal, etc.

I know I can't control what happens in practice or games, but I am addicted to BAMA football and want the team to win #18; plus injuries have been a big issue the last few years. I hope this year's injuries will not be as bad and that the worst is over as far as injuries are concerned.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I agree. It seems like a major injury for every one, more often than not, an ILB...
    Yep, if this keeps up, trouble we might have recruiting LB`s won`t have anything to do with depth or anything, it`ll be that it looks like it`s hazardous to your health if you go to Alabama to play LB! Bad juju.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Yep, if this keeps up, trouble we might have recruiting LB`s won`t have anything to do with depth or anything, it`ll be that it looks like it`s hazardous to your health if you go to Alabama to play LB! Bad juju.
    Well, we've used "thinness" in recruiting, so...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American

Yeah, I am beginning to dread the "Updates"...

BamaNation Second Team

I used to look forward to the scrimmages. Now I dread them.

Welp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rtrbama1 View Post
    I used to look forward to the scrimmages. Now I dread them.
    The injury bug caused me to think today that the staff may be limiting participation of some of the veteran players particularly those that have previous injuries such as Terrell Lewis and Anfernee Jennings. This would have the benefit of giving more reps to the younger guys who need the game experience.

A character of CNS's great teams was the ability to dominate the LOS and stop the run. It isn't rocket science to see that couple key losses on the defensive front would ultimately make several SEC games on the schedule highly competitive.

Most of us shudder to think of more season ending injuries to come.
    Last edited by UAH; August 17th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

I think the better question would be does anyone not?