WSJ.com: Saban wins national titles and loses assistant coaches
Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

WSJ.com: Saban wins national titles and loses assistant coaches

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nick-sa...=hp_lead_pos11

probably behind a paywall for most but a pretty decent article. Nothing really new here except it’s in the WSJ.

several good quotes:

Saban sees the defections as a sign of his program’s success. “I think if you look at most of the coming and going, it’s people getting better jobs,” he said.
    Before leaving Alabama, Kiffin equated the passage of time in Tuscaloosa to “dog years” where “three years is like 21.” He clarified this month: “My point was the education that you get,” he said. “I wasn’t saying I aged 21 years.”
    “Every day you walk in that building you better bring your A-game,” said Locksley of his three seasons in Tuscaloosa. “My goal…was to show up every day and not have him [Saban] have to rip my butt.”

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: WSJ.com: Saban wins national titles and loses assistant coaches

I get it but losing all the coaches that we did last year was unreal. I’ve never seen anything like it before in over 40 years of watching college football.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team

Re: WSJ.com: Saban wins national titles and loses assistant coaches

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I get it but losing all the coaches that we did last year was unreal. I’ve never seen anything like it before in over 40 years of watching college football.
    Agree, and I think this turnover is beginning to rear it’s ugly head on the recruiting trail. Clemson is building an unreal class thanks to their success and continuity. Not that we are exactly struggling, but the lack of sustained relationships is definitely hurting.