Ole Miss cheer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ole Miss cheer

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: Ole Miss cheer

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    I was in school in 89 when AD Steve Sloan allowed it to come back, and it was referred to as the Ole Miss Cheer then. Maybe it was just the first few years it came back.
    Same here. IIRC, the band drum major would hold up a sign with "Ole Miss" on it before they played it. So at least 30 years ago as 'Ole Miss.'

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Same here. IIRC, the band drum major would hold up a sign with "Ole Miss" on it before they played it. So at least 30 years ago as 'Ole Miss.'
    Anyone who's really listened to the Ole Miss cheer (believe me, I have) knows exactly the lineage of the present Rammer Jammer cheer...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogPatch View Post
    I was in school in 89 when AD Steve Sloan allowed it to come back, and it was referred to as the Ole Miss Cheer then. Maybe it was just the first few years it came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    I'll co-sign this. I was at UA from 89-93. The cheer was at least "officially" known as the Ole Miss Cheer then.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Hey Landsharks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    I'll co-sign this. I was at UA from 89-93. The cheer was at least "officially" known as the Ole Miss Cheer then.
    89-93, as well.

BamaNation All-SEC

I did not attend UA (parents did), but I'm from Tuscaloosa and grew up a Bama fan, been going to games since early 80s and watching them on TV before that. First time I ever heard it called the Ole Miss cheer was when I opened this thread today.