Alabama: Latest Bama News 8/19/2019 Thru 8/25/2019

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sending love and prayers. You NEVER need to apologize for anything --- we know your heart bleeds Crimson. Take care of her.......

We can get un-lazy and do some google searches in the meantime -- OR we can all pitch in and share -- and you take care of what's most important!
AMEN!! And it ain`t articles about Alabama football.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
SIAP redundant pieces on this thread, I'm so tired, just don't have the energy, mainly mental, but physical on top of it, to go back through the thread. Spent all day yesterday at the hospital, getting what we knew she had to have, and could've and should've gotten about 5 hours earlier. Got there at 11 am didn't leave until just in time for rush hour, 6 pm. She needed a Thoracentesis, they drained 700 cc off her left lung. She goes back tomorrow for some on the right lung. Those are the highlights, or lowlights. I got to ER doctor to give her a 2 week script for lasix. They looked at her swollen legs and wondered why she wasn't on it. She also gets blood work for her oncologist tomorrow. on the 30th when she see's him, I will have a thing or 2 to say to him.:mad2: It's not all bad. her sister has a neighbor who has had stage 4 cancer for 7 years, she just left for hawaii for a vacation, and leads a normal life. One of the techs at the hospital has a brother stage 4, for 14 years. It depends on where the cancer is and how much it's metastasized. Her case seems to be in that category, that will offer her,a chance for a life. Her body just about shut down, the dr. was concerned the oral hormones weren.t being absorbed so he ordered injections. the blood work is to determine the efficacy. I've had her eating, and she's much stronger now, and thanks to Miralax, the choo choo has finally left the station, as she described it. Bottom line her body is starting to function. The dr. said we need to get her "over the hump", and since yesterday, She's had markedly great progress. Thanks for all the thoughts and Prayers, and please keep them up, it works!
Prayers from Florida......hang in there - you have a huge support system here. {hugs and more hugs}

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
SIAP redundant pieces on this thread, I'm so tired, just don't have the energy, mainly mental, but physical on top of it, to go back through the thread. Spent all day yesterday at the hospital, getting what we knew she had to have, and could've and should've gotten about 5 hours earlier. Got there at 11 am didn't leave until just in time for rush hour, 6 pm. She needed a Thoracentesis, they drained 700 cc off her left lung. She goes back tomorrow for some on the right lung. Those are the highlights, or lowlights. I got to ER doctor to give her a 2 week script for lasix. They looked at her swollen legs and wondered why she wasn't on it. She also gets blood work for her oncologist tomorrow. on the 30th when she see's him, I will have a thing or 2 to say to him.:mad2: It's not all bad. her sister has a neighbor who has had stage 4 cancer for 7 years, she just left for hawaii for a vacation, and leads a normal life. One of the techs at the hospital has a brother stage 4, for 14 years. It depends on where the cancer is and how much it's metastasized. Her case seems to be in that category, that will offer her,a chance for a life. Her body just about shut down, the dr. was concerned the oral hormones weren.t being absorbed so he ordered injections. the blood work is to determine the efficacy. I've had her eating, and she's much stronger now, and thanks to Miralax, the choo choo has finally left the station, as she described it. Bottom line her body is starting to function. The dr. said we need to get her "over the hump", and since yesterday, She's had markedly great progress. Thanks for all the thoughts and Prayers, and please keep them up, it works!
Thanks for sharing bro. Prayers are coming from Hoover. Take care of your girl.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
My wife and I are praying for both of you. Hang in there brother, my wife has had stage 4 breast cancer that now is in her bones in different places. She takes 2 oral chemo drugs daily that have kept the cancer somewhat under control. This has been going on for 3 years and it's a kind of living one day at a time thing. You don't need to apologize for taking care of her and forget about anything else. God bless you both!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.