Jalen Wins The Starters Nod At Oklahoma

Imdone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2019
Don't think that I've ever been prouder of a Bama player. Congrats to Jalen.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Was really glad to hear he got the nod. I really hope he does well! I'll be watching a lot more OU games this year, for sure!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
As I've written in another thread, he will light up the B12 defenses like a Roman candle.

Until the playoff, nobody will know if he's improved on his weaknesses enough to make an elite defense respect the pass. And I fully expect OU to make the playoff.

Already bought earplugs to keep from hearing the media hullabaloo in the lead up to UA vs. OU, part deux.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have a feeling OU will make the CFP this year - the defense will be better (only has to be slightly better) and the offense will be incredible.

Bama might just have to beat JH to win it all.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
There was never any doubt in my mind. I think he’s going to legitimately compete for the heisman as well. He will have a platform and offense at Oklahoma unlike one that he ever had here.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
No surprise here. Oklahoma had a pretty good passing QB, but he couldn't produce when a play was busted.
Enter Jalen to the Transfer Portal...
Jalen is a great running QB, and has learned to be a pretty danged good passer.
Jalen has always had the nack of making something out of nothing.
Then there is the issue of character... Jalen has it.

My opinion is that Jalen can take a very good Oklahoma team,
to the next level. Yeah, I think he's that good.
Jalen's only problem was playing on a team with Tua.

Last edited:

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
At the risk of sounding negative, if OU doesn’t play better defense, Hurts is going to have to up points at an unchartered territory level for him for OU to win consistently. Seems like they need 50 on a semi-regular basis. Usually they’ve been able to do it.

Imdone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2019
At the risk of sounding negative, if OU doesn’t play better defense, Hurts is going to have to up points at an unchartered territory level for him for OU to win consistently. Seems like they need 50 on a semi-regular basis. Usually they’ve been able to do it.
There does indeed come a time that the defense has to step it up in a critical situation in order to be a championship winner, so that will be the biggest question OU will have to answer...will they or will they not be better on defense?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No surprise here. Oklahoma had a pretty good passing QB, but he couldn't produce when a play was busted.
Enter Jalen to the Transfer Portal...
Jalen is a great running QB, and has learned to be a pretty danged good passer.
Jalen has always had the nack of making something out of nothing.
Then there is the issue of character... Jalen has it.

My opinion is that Jalen can take a very good Oklahoma team,
to the next level. Yeah, I think he's that good.
Jalen's only problem was playing on a team with Tua.
But the counter question is Jalen as skilled of a passer as Murray? IMO, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.