News Article: The team is literally taking part in a boot camp right now. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: The team is literally taking part in a boot camp right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post
    I'm primarily a football fan but this hire has me excited! I got chills watching those videos!

ROL TIDE!!!!!
    That is me too but I have been a regular over here since Nate was hired and boy does it feel nice to have the roundball program looking up. I am going to some games next season. Can't wait!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Right back at you Fred, Daniel and everyone else. 143

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

This looks more like Seal training.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-American

I met Jack Doss the other day and I mentioned how excited I was about Coach Oats. He said that he used to sneak into practice to watch the team because Avery didn't want him there. He said Avery's practices were like watching a middle school team practice. He had very good things to say about Coach Oats. We did not get to chat long so I didn't get any more info than that. I would love to have heard more about John Petty's perspective of CNO.

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I met Jack Doss the other day and I mentioned how excited I was about Coach Oats. He said that he used to sneak into practice to watch the team because Avery didn't want him there. He said Avery's practices were like watching a middle school team practice. He had very good things to say about Coach Oats. We did not get to chat long so I didn't get any more info than that. I would love to have heard more about John Petty's perspective of CNO.
    I worked Jack Dossís basketball camp this summer, and had the exact same conversation with him. Actually, right before camp started one day, he got a call from CNO. We had to start the camp without him because he was on the phone with CNO. He told me that Averyís practices were ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

I thought this was as good a place as any to discuss Coach oats. I met him last night at the Tip-Off club event. He is very personable so I am sure recruits love him. Frankly, he kinda reminds me of a little bit of Dabo. He is very down to earth, but has an infectious personality. He has a system and he is working to get the kids up to speed right now. He said the team is working mostly on offensive end and individual skills which is sorely needed. He talked about individual players and what they need to work on to get better. BTW, no word on Quinnerly from the NCAA yet. He said keeping Pettway was the best decision he has made so far, because he kept the recruiting class together and is one of his main recruiters. He also said there was a need to change the culture herewith the players. He said many lacked confidence so they would turn down shots. I asked him about turnovers and free throws to which he said if we had 1 less turnover in 8 of the games last year we'd have won all of those games. He is an analytics guy as well, detailed deep analytics. He was a math teacher after all. He said he want to get to 7 or 8 ma rotation when the conference schedule begins, but he'd' play 10 or 11 in the non conference schedule to give guys a chance.

I can't wait for the new season. It is going to be exciting. No slogans, just a great turnaround.

BamaNation First Team

thanks for the information.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    thanks for the information.
    He talked about individual players as well, but much may have been on the Coaches show last night. Any way, I'll wait until closer to the season to do a player by player run down of what he said just in case some changes occur. I am sure Bama Mike has much more info and understands it better than I do.

BamaNation Second Team

The more I hear about Oats and what's going on with the program the more excited I get about the upcoming season. I'm already trying to scope out the schedule to see what games I might be able to make this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    He talked about individual players as well, but much may have been on the Coaches show last night. Any way, I'll wait until closer to the season to do a player by player run down of what he said just in case some changes occur. I am sure Bama Mike has much more info and understands it better than I do.
    PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tides_of_Change View Post
    Have any of you seen the pics posted on their Facebook page? Coach has begun what will hopefully turn in to a tradition. Everyone, coaches and staff included is going through everything from endurance tests to team exercise to water training. They took a group photo at the end of the day, and most of them looked completely gassed.

Don't be surprised if we see a decidedly tougher team, mentally and physically, this season!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    That would be a very welcome change. I'm really looking forward to basketball season this year. I hope Coach Oats is the real deal that he seems to be, and then I hope that he really likes Tuscaloosa.

BamaNation First Team

me too why would he not like T Town.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    me too why would he not like T Town.
    I wasn't implying that he wouldn't. I simply hope he turns out to be a great hire and that he likes Tuscaloosa and wants to stay for a long time. It would be nice to have both success and long-term stability in our program.

BamaNation First Team

agree