South Carolina Sept 14

TheHat95

Aug 18, 2019
Greetings all. I just discovered this forum and look forward to engaging with fellow Tide fans. Been a fan since ‘92 and have been wearing the same ‘Bama hat since ‘95 (it was once white but now a shade of brown). Anyways, I’m up in Virginia and gonna be making my way down to Columbia in September for the game. Looking for any guidance on how the Columbia folks are and whether anyone from the forum will be there. If so, would anyone want to meet up before or after the game.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Welcome to TideFans and Roll Tide! I'm not going to that game this year but I'm sure a lot of our members are. My experience with USCe fans is that they are pretty friendly. They got a little mouthy after the 2010 game but I guess they deserved it.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Greetings all. I just discovered this forum and look forward to engaging with fellow Tide fans. Been a fan since ‘92 and have been wearing the same ‘Bama hat since ‘95 (it was once white but now a shade of brown). Anyways, I’m up in Virginia and gonna be making my way down to Columbia in September for the game. Looking for any guidance on how the Columbia folks are and whether anyone from the forum will be there. If so, would anyone want to meet up before or after the game.
Welcome. Glad the hat's not orange. :D

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Glad to have you on Tidefans. The USCe fans are pretty friendly and football savvy. One warning, Columbia will be hot as hell and muggy, day or night, dress appropriately.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Gray is correct. I live an hour up the road, and Columbia's heat and humidity can be just as oppressive as Montgomery. Also, the stadium is basically marooned off in a fairgrounds outside of town. The traffic can be horrendous getting in and out, so give yourself plenty of time. Folks are generally nice. Sight lines are good. And the place can hold some noise.

Glad to have you on Tidefans. The USCe fans are pretty friendly and football savvy. One waring, Columbia will be hot as hell and muggy, day or night, dress appropriately.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Gray is correct. I live an hour up the road, and Columbia's heat and humidity can be just as oppressive as Montgomery. Also, the stadium is basically marooned off in a fairgrounds outside of town. The traffic can be horrendous getting in and out, so give yourself plenty of time. Folks are generally nice. Sight lines are good. And the place can hold some noise.
I usually come I-26 twice a year headed to Pawleys. PM me your contact info and the next time I head that way maybe we can meet up for lunch.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Lot of good guys in Virginia. From what part are you?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to Tidefans.
If we had a Poll I believe USCe would be voted the hotest staidum.
I've been to two games there, both early season type games...
Very hot and humid both times.
The fans I sat near were nice folks.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
You'll probably find as many good and bad fans in Columbia as anywhere else in SEC. Not the worst in the conference, not the best (in terms of mean/nice). Like most SEC schools, avoid tailgating near the students (unless wild drunken debauchery is your thing).

Best non-reserved parking is back half of fairgrounds, but you'd better be there early to get a park there. After that it's a smorgasborg of smaller lots. If you know someone with a reserved park up close who is putting on a tailgate you can park and walk. Reserved parking areas around the stadium are nice and are where the best tailgating occurs. If you're okay spending a few bucks try to score a reserved parking space online from someone selling, worth it if you can afford it.

If you're seats are on the East or in the endzone, bring a hat & sunscreen. USC does permit you to bring in one unopened bottle of water, so take full advantage of that & save $4 for your first half bottle. I think they've added some water fill stations to, so in theory you can make it thru a game without buying water.

I'll come back and add as game draws closer. If anyone is looking for hotels look out at Harbison area, lots of nicer hotels there and the interstate is a straight shot to downtown - avoid price gouging of downtown hotels. Don't be afraid to go AirBNB either.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Was thinking about going, had bad experience when we lost years ago. Fans were ridiculous. Still hoping to go with old college roommate who unfortunately is a Gamecock fan. The time before when we won, they were obviously a lot more quiet. I agree with USCBAMA, the endzone sits right in the sun and you will get burnt. From past experience, my cell service was terrible in there. I would hope they have fixed that. The place is electric and extremely loud. THere fans are a rowdy energetic bunch. Parking is all over the place. Really set up in the city by the fairgrounds. so you pretty much park all over. Get there early to get a closer parking spot. Roll Tide.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Was thinking about going, had bad experience when we lost years ago. Fans were ridiculous. Still hoping to go with old college roommate who unfortunately is a Gamecock fan. The time before when we won, they were obviously a lot more quiet. I agree with USCBAMA, the endzone sits right in the sun and you will get burnt. From past experience, my cell service was terrible in there. I would hope they have fixed that. The place is electric and extremely loud. THere fans are a rowdy energetic bunch. Parking is all over the place. Really set up in the city by the fairgrounds. so you pretty much park all over. Get there early to get a closer parking spot. Roll Tide.
That`s what you get when the other bunch has never won anything. It`s funny. A number of years ago I happened to know a guy where I worked at the time who was a big MSU ( Starkville ) fan. He had a coffee table book about " State`s Greatest Football Victories " . I swear at least 50% of that book was dedicated to Alabama. It`s great to be king!

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I have verizon and the data coverage still stinks - it's a sore spot with fans since verizon is a sponsor.

For Bama fans looking for tix the heat issue is a catch 22. You can score tickets online in West upper and be in the shade but sitting with Gamecock fans, or for a little less $$ you can get tix in East or South endzone and sit with (or near) Bama fans, but be in the sun. At kickoff everyone will be in the sun, but by second half West should be shaded.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.