ADMIN NOTE: Football season is here - so we're tightening down on site policies...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's been a source of amusement for me for years. I've never seen a bigger bunch of liars in my life. You've got to work at it to get banned here. At the same time, they seem to be obsessed with reading here, despite their constant dissing. Within 24 hours, there will be posts on a couple of unmoderated sites attacking me for this post. I won't give them any publicity...
The funny thing is, most of the posters I know that go to other sites complaining, are usually ones that were actually given alot of latitude than posters around 2011 got. One in particular, used CAPS all through his posts, constantly used politcal posts on the football forum, used teasers , purposely got into sparring matches, and constantly tried his best to get bad curse words on the thread some how. He got away with it during the offseason, but wasn't so lucky during the football season. But he went on for about 2 months on that other bama site saying how he was treated unfairly and singled out for no reason . He was Someone From Bama (coded handle) , and he made an active effort to get banned.

I can understand getting banned or suspended on NS because sometimes people just cant accept the opinions of others on real world topics in a civil way, but from my experience (which im nowhere near the top in terms of seniority since there are a lot of Fran era members) Football board suspensions are earned. I think the mods do an excellent job of giving warnings on the threads and through PM to cut it out or be cut out. So it is kinda funny that so many go and complain about the mods being unfair.

Thanks for making this board the best Alabama board on the internet, and here is to a great season.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks to BamaNation and all of the moderators for the great job you do making this the best site for all things Alabama!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I really do appreciate you admin types keeping this site available to younger fans. I used to venture on a Manchester City fan site but every other word is an expletive. It's not only unnecessary but it does show what a limited vocabulary those folks have. The overuse of an expletive means the word loses its impact. Thanks mods.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
What's interesting as I reflect on our 20+ years online is that I remember the weekend that I wrote down the site principles and directives and revised them on a flight to my client in Boston, MA. Except for a few minor edits over the years and the occasional addition or clarification as suggested by Mods & Admins, they haven't changed. So, what y'all should know is that these were given a LOT of thought, they've been in place, and much like "Our Pleasure" is to Chick-Fil-a, they are core to who we are and why we're here!

Thank you all for being a part of upholding these foundational ideas I had a long time ago! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.