ADMIN NOTE: Football season is here - so we're tightening down on site policies...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We tend to lighten up a little bit on some site policies (such as teaser titles) during the off-season, but we're getting more and more traffic as the season is upon us and it's time to get serious about a few things:

1- No teaser titles - if a reader has to click your thread title to figure out what it's about, it's a teaser. If you post a thread titled "Saban" instead of "Saban says he thinks Dabo is a huge cheese bag", it will get deleted.

2- We have a zero tolerance for profanity, even implied. If you are using any symbols to get around the profanity filter (such as $, !, +, etc) then your post will be removed. Depending on when, where, and how much is contained in the post you may get suspended. Our benevolent dictator and site owner has made it crystal clear that he doesn't want profanity on his forum, that a parent should be able to allow their kid to read TF.com without worrying what they might see.

3- Don't drink & post! Either in regular threads or game threads (though especially in game threads), if you've had a one (or more) too many drinks, it's probably best to log off. Generally speaking, you're far more prone to post something that will get you trouble when you've had too much to drink.

These are the biggies, the most common things we see, but there are more. If you've not been here or been active enough to know the vibe here, then I'd suggest spending some time re-reading our site policies...

Enjoy the season, RTR!

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Love these principles and they are what make Tidefans so enjoyable IMO (along with a lot of very football savvy posters)!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
as an FYI and a review, read the FAQ (in the nav menu at the top) for specifics and click here for other site policies & consequences (what's inappropriate, what's a teaser, profanity rules, abusive emails to admins & mods, etc.)
Amen! When we get violations of site policies, probably 90% of the time, the offender claims ignorance. The rules are there to make the site run smoothly, not just for harassment, another claim I hear. And, they apply to all, regardless of post count or seniority. Let's make it fun for all!!

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks for the enforcement of the few principles that makes TideFans so great. So ready for the season to start... :cool2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
To keep from using that dirty word, just call them A. P. I.
I think that falls under the implied rule too.

I love this site and its rules. I have seen other Bama sites and they just do not compare. In fact most of the other sites complain about the rules here and lie about why they got kicked off.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think that falls under the implied rule too.

I love this site and its rules. I have seen other Bama sites and they just do not compare. In fact most of the other sites complain about the rules here and lie about why they got kicked off.
It's been a source of amusement for me for years. I've never seen a bigger bunch of liars in my life. You've got to work at it to get banned here. At the same time, they seem to be obsessed with reading here, despite their constant dissing. Within 24 hours, there will be posts on a couple of unmoderated sites attacking me for this post. I won't give them any publicity...

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Love these principles and they are what make Tidefans so enjoyable IMO (along with a lot of very football savvy posters)!
Completely agree. That's another reason why I come here... the mods keep a tight hold on things, which means things stay civil.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Appreciate all that you guys do. Nice to go to a site where people can disagree without being disagreeable.

Thanks and RTR!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.