Why is Locksley still commenting on 'Bama, Hurts?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Or it's because the last 2 OK QBs were taken #1 overall in the draft and being the starting QB there means that every NFL scout in the nation which plays into Hurts' ultimate goal to get to the NFL?

I dont think he made the decision to go to OU with revenge in mind. With everything we've ever seen from Hurts, it's pretty clear he's trying to set himself up best for his future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Oh I have no doubt his thinking was that Oklahoma turns out Heisman, first round draft picks at QB, and had just lost its starter to the NFL. I'm just going by what Locksley supposedly said, which again, we are getting 3rd or 4th hand by now. I honestly believe it would be silly for anyone to have had that thought process.

Hmm, I disagree. The implication is that he wants to prove Alabama wrong, which I think is a healthy attitude for a competitor. It's not really about fair/not fair IMO.

FWIW, I bet he went to OU for more than just making the playoffs/playing Alabama. Like Intl.Aperture said its likely that OU having back to back Heisman winners and #1 overall picks are probably the primary reasons he chose to transfer there.

Whatever the case I'll root for Jalen until he is directly competing against Alabama or won of our players for an award.
Yes but, prove Alabama wrong about what, exactly? There is my problem with the whole notion. He could never prove Alabama wrong about anything regarding his stay here, even if somehow we matched up in the playoffs and he led OU to a win. It is as simple as 2+2=4. He was not the better QB at any point in time, except for when Tua was hurt.

I have been and while continue to pull for Jalen, really, even if he said all of this. It would be petty of me to do otherwise, really. Like all young men and women at this stage in life, his future is at stake in one way or another, and I wish him nothing but the best. Unless, of course, we do match up in the postseason.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jalen went to Oklahoma because he wants a shot at the NFL. He will get the stats and the exposure there.

CML keeps talking about Alabama and Jalen to remind the people associated with his program why they hired him, and they will need those reminders when the losses start to pile up.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Yes but, prove Alabama wrong about what, exactly? There is my problem with the whole notion. He could never prove Alabama wrong about anything regarding his stay here, even if somehow we matched up in the playoffs and he led OU to a win. It is as simple as 2+2=4. He was not the better QB at any point in time, except for when Tua was hurt.

I have been and while continue to pull for Jalen, really, even if he said all of this. It would be petty of me to do otherwise, really. Like all young men and women at this stage in life, his future is at stake in one way or another, and I wish him nothing but the best. Unless, of course, we do match up in the postseason.
I think you're looking at it from a fan's perspective not a player's.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Jalen went to Oklahoma because he wants a shot at the NFL. He will get the stats and the exposure there.

CML keeps talking about Alabama and Jalen to remind the people associated with his program why they hired him, and they will need those reminders when the losses start to pile up.
Bingo! Nailed it... :cool2:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

That's what I was going to answer. Locksley keeps talking about Bama and Hurts because it makes him and his fan base feel relevant.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.