Danny Sheridan on Finebaum (his thoughts)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
His points (not mine).

1. No one on paper better than Alabama, Clemson and Georgia

2. However, Alabama won't make it back to championship game. Will lose to Georgia.

3. Georgia has better defense (slightly). Offensive line is best in the country. Fromm is NFL prospect (as well as Tua). Swift could start at Alabama. 6 - 5* kids on Defense. Signed best DE in the country from Juco.

4. Believes Georgia will beat Alabama in SEC championship game and beat Clemson in NC.

Like him or hate him, he analyzes this stuff to death. Not always right but is always interesting. If anything will be great to bring this thread back to see how close or far away he got.

Your thoughts?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Alot of folks are high on georgia which usually translates as another epic letdown. I would love to dash their dreams again in Atlanta, but the nerves that it takes to get through those games is sometimes just unbearable at times.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
His points (not mine).

2. However, Alabama won't make it back to championship game. Will lose to Georgia.

3. Georgia has better defense (slightly). Offensive line is best in the country. Fromm is NFL prospect (as well as Tua). Swift could start at Alabama. 6 - 5* kids on Defense. Signed best DE in the country from Juco.

4. Believes Georgia will beat Alabama in SEC championship game and beat Clemson in NC.

Like him or hate him, he analyzes this stuff to death. Not always right but is always interesting. If anything will be great to bring this thread back to see how close or far away he got.

Your thoughts?
1. On paper? Which team could withstand a season ending injury to their starting QB the best?? Game ain't played on paper.

2. More than one team that Bama could lose to and the same can be said for Georgia. Doubtful Clemson but who knows...see no. 1

3. Better defense slightly? What does that mean at this point in the juncture? Offensive line best in the country? If he says so... ;) Fromm is NFL prospect as well as Tua? How many points is being an NFL prospect get you before the season? Lots of NFL prospects in college, some I probably never heard of at this point lol! ;)

4. Believes Georgia will beat both Clemson and Alabama? What Georgia fan doesn't agree with his belief at the start of the season? ;)

My thoughts? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn from time to time. ;)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I could see it happening. They are hungry and very talented, and it took late 4th qtr heroics for us to beat them in the last two contests. Its certainly not an outrageous prediction. Danny also has a pretty good track record.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
His points (not mine).

Your thoughts?
Danny Sheridan is the same person:

1) who insisted that not only did the NCAA have nothing on us in the Albert Means case, but we were going to skate
2) claimed to know about some bag man and Cam Newton

So quite frankly, he can be tuned out with extreme prejudice because he not only got stuff wrong, he got stuff he CLAIMED TO HAVE INSIDE KNOWLEDGE about wrong.

My god, why should I listen to anything he says?

Gets on radio show in Alabama and says, "Alabama ain't gonna win it - in fact, they gonna lose to Jawja"....and watch the phone lines light up. Same thing as his other stuff.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I could see it happening. They are hungry and very talented, and it took late 4th qtr heroics for us to beat them in the last two contests. Its certainly not an outrageous prediction. Danny also has a pretty good track record.
How would you like to be Jawja and realize that in your last four games against Alabama, THREE times you've blown double digit second half leads - and the other time you were 21 points behind going into halftime?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just personally, I think that if they don’t do what Sheridan predicts in the next year or two, the UGA faithful are going to start looking cross eyed at CKS, and well they should. With that talent? JMO, but I think they should consider anything less an epic fail. Mark Richt had some talented teams but nowhere near what they have right now.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My biased eyes but UGA seems like they are on the precipice of something and it isn’t guaranteed to be good. This is the watershed year for Smart, if they fall short again this year then the whole program he’s established will collapse under the weight of unmet expectations.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just personally, I think that if they don’t do what Sheridan predicts in the next year or two, the UGA faithful are going to start looking cross eyed at CKS, and well they should. With that talent? JMO, but I think they should consider anything less an epic fail. Mark Richt had some talented teams but nowhere near what they have right now.
He can accumulate all the talent in the world, but to this point, he's proven he can't hang with daddy. The pressure just gets to be too much for him to bear.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The only thing "paper" has to do with this is that the difference in their talent level and ours is "paper-thin."

Have they got the talent to do all of this he predicts? Sure.

Might they finally break thru and beat us? Sure.

But the fact we've got 1. CNS and they don't AND 2. a retooled and refocused coaching staff and 3. a hungry team that just may be better than last year and 4. the better QB and 5. (dare I say it) we finally have a placekicker...I'M TAKING BAMA, AGAIN!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.