Danny Sheridan on Finebaum (his thoughts)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar

Danny Sheridan on Finebaum (his thoughts)

His points (not mine).

1. No one on paper better than Alabama, Clemson and Georgia

2. However, Alabama won't make it back to championship game. Will lose to Georgia.

3. Georgia has better defense (slightly). Offensive line is best in the country. Fromm is NFL prospect (as well as Tua). Swift could start at Alabama. 6 - 5* kids on Defense. Signed best DE in the country from Juco.

4. Believes Georgia will beat Alabama in SEC championship game and beat Clemson in NC.

Like him or hate him, he analyzes this stuff to death. Not always right but is always interesting. If anything will be great to bring this thread back to see how close or far away he got.

Your thoughts?

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Danny Sheridan on Finebaum (his thoughts)

If georgia wins a national title, I will have to move. It will be unbearable to live here.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    If georgia wins a national title, I will have to move. It will be unbearable to live here.
    Well, they did iit once. Lightning can always strike twice...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Alot of folks are high on georgia which usually translates as another epic letdown. I would love to dash their dreams again in Atlanta, but the nerves that it takes to get through those games is sometimes just unbearable at times.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

The issue isnt Fromm, its the receiving corps. And, well, it is Fromm a little because behind him they are very thin.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    His points (not mine).

2. However, Alabama won't make it back to championship game. Will lose to Georgia.

3. Georgia has better defense (slightly). Offensive line is best in the country. Fromm is NFL prospect (as well as Tua). Swift could start at Alabama. 6 - 5* kids on Defense. Signed best DE in the country from Juco.

4. Believes Georgia will beat Alabama in SEC championship game and beat Clemson in NC.

Like him or hate him, he analyzes this stuff to death. Not always right but is always interesting. If anything will be great to bring this thread back to see how close or far away he got.

Your thoughts?
    1. On paper? Which team could withstand a season ending injury to their starting QB the best?? Game ain't played on paper.

2. More than one team that Bama could lose to and the same can be said for Georgia. Doubtful Clemson but who knows...see no. 1

3. Better defense slightly? What does that mean at this point in the juncture? Offensive line best in the country? If he says so... Fromm is NFL prospect as well as Tua? How many points is being an NFL prospect get you before the season? Lots of NFL prospects in college, some I probably never heard of at this point lol!

4. Believes Georgia will beat both Clemson and Alabama? What Georgia fan doesn't agree with his belief at the start of the season?

My thoughts? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn from time to time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I could see it happening. They are hungry and very talented, and it took late 4th qtr heroics for us to beat them in the last two contests. Its certainly not an outrageous prediction. Danny also has a pretty good track record.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; August 21st, 2019 at 08:52 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

UGA wont be in the SECCG.

I think Vandy scares the heck out of them
    Last edited by CajunCrimson; August 21st, 2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    UGA won’t be in the SECCG.

I think Vandy scares the heck out of them
    Nobody gets up for Vandy. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not 50-0 but it shouldn’t be close.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    His points (not mine).

Your thoughts?
    Danny Sheridan is the same person:

1) who insisted that not only did the NCAA have nothing on us in the Albert Means case, but we were going to skate
    2) claimed to know about some bag man and Cam Newton

So quite frankly, he can be tuned out with extreme prejudice because he not only got stuff wrong, he got stuff he CLAIMED TO HAVE INSIDE KNOWLEDGE about wrong.

My god, why should I listen to anything he says?

Gets on radio show in Alabama and says, "Alabama ain't gonna win it - in fact, they gonna lose to Jawja"....and watch the phone lines light up. Same thing as his other stuff.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I could see it happening. They are hungry and very talented, and it took late 4th qtr heroics for us to beat them in the last two contests. Its certainly not an outrageous prediction. Danny also has a pretty good track record.
    How would you like to be Jawja and realize that in your last four games against Alabama, THREE times you've blown double digit second half leads - and the other time you were 21 points behind going into halftime?
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American

Just personally, I think that if they dont do what Sheridan predicts in the next year or two, the UGA faithful are going to start looking cross eyed at CKS, and well they should. With that talent? JMO, but I think they should consider anything less an epic fail. Mark Richt had some talented teams but nowhere near what they have right now.