Saban Press conference and that guy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Saban Press conference and that guy

Who is this guy asking Saban these questions?

Aug 3rd presser at at 8:35 "10 personnel"
    Aug 22 presser at 8:09 "route tree"

I think it is the same guy asking the questions that really gets under Saban's skin. I think he asked some other bazare question completion percentage over/under 2.5 seconds.

Last edited by BamaNation; August 23rd, 2019 at 09:46 AM. Reason: added video

Re: Saban Press conference and that guy

Dude played high school ball and was the starting holder for the kicker. He was lost for the season when he was running to pick up the kick off tee and tripped over the hash mark and turned an ankle the second game his senior year. He knows everything there is to know about football and therefore must flaunt his knowledge in a room full of fellow reporters who only wish they have the knowledge he possess.

Seriously, you can almost feel that Cecil Hurt is rolling his eyes and look at the guy next to him and say, "Get your recorder ready. Coach is about to lose it on this guy."

Roll Tide!!
    ChattTide

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Wakecrash View Post
    Who is this guy asking Saban these questions?

Aug 3rd presser at at 8:35 "10 personnel"
    Aug 22 presser at 8:09 "route tree"

I think it is the same guy asking the questions that really gets under Saban's skin. I think he asked some other bazare question completion percentage over/under 2.5 seconds.
    I don`t get the impression that Coach Saban is the type of person who`s particularly enamored with people who try to impress him, through the use of technical jargon , with their knowledge of the nuances of the game. I would hazard a guess that`s particularly so with members of the press. With the possible exception of someone like Cecil, his tolerance threshold for them as a group is pretty low to begin with, I think.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I don`t get the impression that Coach Saban is the type of person who`s particularly enamored with people who try to impress him, through the use of technical jargon , with their knowledge of the nuances of the game. I would hazard a guess that`s particularly so with members of the press. With the possible exception of someone like Cecil, his tolerance threshold for them as a group is pretty low to begin with, I think.
    Pretty sure I have seen him get frustrated with Cecil as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I'm guessing the guy asks fewer questions as we proceed through the season
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

The reporters ask lazy questions. One question from the last press conference was basically "talk about Jerry Jeudy." I mean, he won the Biletnikoff last year what is there to say?

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

My personal favorite question is when one reporter asks a question and then another asks the same question only worded different.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    My personal favorite question is when one reporter asks a question and then another asks the same question only worded different.
    And it is usually after Coach has said he is not going to address the issue, he has no information to share, or he has already answered the question but not to the extent the media wants.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I canít watch it right now, but if his response can be aired here, it couldnít have been that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    And it is usually after Coach has said he is not going to address the issue, he has no information to share, or he has already answered the question but not to the extent the media wants.
    That is exactly how we got "I am not going to be the coach at Alabama"
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Did anyone notice this from after the 2nd scrimmage? CNS gave his opening remarks, which included a long list of players that were held out for cautionary reasons. The the first question was, “How do you try to prevent injuries in the preseason?”
    Last edited by Nolan; August 23rd, 2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: eye kant spel

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I can’t watch it right now, but if his response can be aired here, it couldn’t have been that bad.

Any chance of bringing Borat back to 'Bama to pin Saban down on recruiting his first edge rusher (and five-star break dancer) from
    Kazakhstan?

BamaNation All-SEC

"Here's a twenty , bury two."