Saban Press conference and that guy

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Who is this guy asking Saban these questions?

Aug 3rd presser at at 8:35 "10 personnel"
Aug 22 presser at 8:09 "route tree"

I think it is the same guy asking the questions that really gets under Saban's skin. I think he asked some other bazare question completion percentage over/under 2.5 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Dude played high school ball and was the starting holder for the kicker. He was lost for the season when he was running to pick up the kick off tee and tripped over the hash mark and turned an ankle the second game his senior year. He knows everything there is to know about football and therefore must flaunt his knowledge in a room full of fellow reporters who only wish they have the knowledge he possess.

Seriously, you can almost feel that Cecil Hurt is rolling his eyes and look at the guy next to him and say, "Get your recorder ready. Coach is about to lose it on this guy."

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Who is this guy asking Saban these questions?

Aug 3rd presser at at 8:35 "10 personnel"
Aug 22 presser at 8:09 "route tree"

I think it is the same guy asking the questions that really gets under Saban's skin. I think he asked some other bazare question completion percentage over/under 2.5 seconds.
I don`t get the impression that Coach Saban is the type of person who`s particularly enamored with people who try to impress him, through the use of technical jargon , with their knowledge of the nuances of the game. I would hazard a guess that`s particularly so with members of the press. With the possible exception of someone like Cecil, his tolerance threshold for them as a group is pretty low to begin with, I think.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I don`t get the impression that Coach Saban is the type of person who`s particularly enamored with people who try to impress him, through the use of technical jargon , with their knowledge of the nuances of the game. I would hazard a guess that`s particularly so with members of the press. With the possible exception of someone like Cecil, his tolerance threshold for them as a group is pretty low to begin with, I think.
Pretty sure I have seen him get frustrated with Cecil as well.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The reporters ask lazy questions. One question from the last press conference was basically "talk about Jerry Jeudy." I mean, he won the Biletnikoff last year what is there to say?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I can’t watch it right now, but if his response can be aired here, it couldn’t have been that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Did anyone notice this from after the 2nd scrimmage? CNS gave his opening remarks, which included a long list of players that were held out for cautionary reasons. The the first question was, “How do you try to prevent injuries in the preseason?”

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I can’t watch it right now, but if his response can be aired here, it couldn’t have been that bad.

Any chance of bringing Borat back to 'Bama to pin Saban down on recruiting his first edge rusher (and five-star break dancer) from
Kazakhstan?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Man, Saban's pressers are a national treasure. I pray for the stupid question every time he is behind the podium. I mean, dude is a classic.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.