RB Kyle Edwards Commits To Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
6 feet even and 210 pounds - middling sized for a RB, IMO. I'll have to watch some film on him because I have never heard of him before this.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Middling? For a high school senior? I know we got spoiled with Henry and Scarborough and najee, but Id say thats pretty darn solid, he may need 10 to 15 lbs to taje the damage of an SEC season. However the word on him is big powerful downhill runner.

This is a solid pick up. We need numbers at RB he and roydell make a good combo though id like to add one more after Sanders injury and the news that BRob id set for a break out year.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't know anything about this kid but I'm a firm believer that you need multiple types of running backs and having someone who might be categorized as a "punisher" is always a good thing. Guys with that straight ahead downfield punishing running style usually don't get rated as highly. Josh Jacobs is exhibit "A" to make my case.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
going to skyrocket when his senior film come out. He got over 100 carries with a top 10 player last year think about that

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
CNS has done really well with big time backs Richardson, Henry and Yeldon, and has also worked in some under the radar guys that turned out to be fantastic, Jacobs, Ingram, and Coffee.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As some have said he is going to blow-up. Guy has a burst, runs hard and physical which is what we want. The reason he is a 3* and #24 RB is because he was 2019 5* and #2 nationally RB John Emery's back-up who signed with LSWho. I can't imagine having Emery and Edwards on the same team. He will end up a high 4* after his senior year. I am guessing we took Edwards knowing getting Evans is going to be difficult at this point.

I will take Roydell Williams and Edwards as our RB's in this class all day long. Welcome and RTR Kyle!!!

Edit: He is a Rival's 4* and #18 RB.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I had Tider Insider recorded this week and watched it last night. Rodney spoke about Kyle, how much he is under rated and to look out for a commitment. Well, Welcome to the Capstone Mr. Edwards! I know you are going to be a good 'un!

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Kid is from my hometown. My friends who have kids at Destrehan high say he is legit. Only game I’ve seen him play was against my kid’s Catholic high school and Emery had the better night. I trust your coaches as evaluators.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I've got faith that CNS knows a thing or two about talent and the kid would not have been allowed to commit otherwise. Another Jacobs would be wonderful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.