Miss State hit with NCAA sanctions, probation, vacated wins for academic misconduct

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Too much cowbell? :eek:

A former Mississippi State student and part-time athletics department tutor committed academic misconduct and, as a result, the NCAA has hit the school with a number of sanctions, including probation.

In a release by the NCAA, the tutor helped 10 football student-athletes and a men’s basketball student-athlete in an online general chemistry course by completing multiple assignments, exams and, according to the release, “nearly the entire course for student-athletes” during the fall semester of the 2018-19 school year.
In the agreement, which was approved by a Division I Committee on Infractions panel, eight football student-athletes and the men’s basketball student-athlete competed while ineligible.
Mississippi State has been put on three years of probation and lost four scholarships over a two-year span.
This season, Mississippi State will now have 10 players miss eight games this season due to suspension.
AL dot com story

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah I heard them talking about this on Three Man Front ... sort of similar to what Missou's dealing with correct?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Losing 10 players for 8 games is a problem for State. Assuming Matt Wyatt is right and two of them are starters, that doesn't help either. Depth is never State's strong point to begin with. Now....?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So, they get suspended for 8 games....come back for game 9 -- to get back up to game speed...

interesting -- I wonder who is their 10th game of the year ?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just read Keaton Thompson their back up Quarterback has entered the transfer portal. Interesting. I wonder if he was one of the players who was part of the issue with NCAA or if he’s unhappy he wasn’t named the starter.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have a lot of friends who are MSU grads. In fact, the largest alumni chapter outside MS is right here in HSV, since it's the nearest high tech center. One, whose father was the HC at Starkville High and later principal, told me that they have so little to sell an athlete in facilities, etc., paying was about all they had to offer...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.