My goodness Clemson’s schedule is a JOKE.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I think a weak schedule hurts a team when they get into the Playoffs for all the obvious reasons.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I used to feel this way, but recently it has not proven to be true.
Back when schedules were shorter it might have mattered more to play a tough schedule, to try and cram as much development in as possible. Now though? It's all about surviving with as many healthy players as possible.

I don't consider it entirely coincidental that Alabama has won a championship when they missed the SECCG, extra rest and one less chance to lose sure doesn't hurt.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
Thank heavens for the college football playoff. With the ACC as weak as it is, it would appear Clemson plays one strong team in Texas A&M and that's it.

In the past without a conference championship game and playoff system, Clemson would go to the Orange Bowl and play the Big 8 or Big 12 representative and be done with it. With a playoff, at least they and every other team now must beat at least two good teams to win a national championship.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I used to feel this way, but recently it has not proven to be true.
We will see. Last year Clemson had veteran leadership hell bent on revenge. Let’s see if Dabo has the core in place.

It’s also time to see if we still have the core in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Clemson is enjoying the 90s FSU advantage. Maybe 1 or 2 games of note on the schedule that will allow them to coast into national title contention. They're talented and only need to beat you once not run through your schedule before hand.

It is what it is

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Also if Kellen Mond takes the next step I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull off a road upset.
I thought Kellen Mond was ready for the SEC both of the times he played us, but he is totally lost against everybody else. If Clemson loses in the first 13 games then its far more likely it would be to someone like NCST or USCe. Personally I believe aTm is a 7 win team, and everyone is overhyping them.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
The only thing they can control is their out of conference schedule. They do that pretty well usually scheduling two SEC teams and guaranteed one every year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I may have asked this in another thread. How many sec teams would go undefeated against that schedule? I'm going to say 6-7.
The fact that SEC schools still find a way to lose to Troy,USA, Toledo, UCF, North Texas, and Georgia Southern I would say 2 maybe 3.

FTR, before this gets turned around into to saying that I said only 2 or 3 SEC teams could win with Clemson's schedule, I said I only have faith that 2 or 3 would go undefeated. Alabama and Georgia would, LSU might have enough talent to compensate for their coaches and lack of offense, but everyone else I would probably stay away from betting for an undefeated season.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The fact that SEC schools still find a way to lose to Troy,USA, Toledo, UCF, North Texas, and Georgia Southern I would say 2 maybe 3.

FTR, before this gets turned around into to saying that I said only 2 or 3 SEC teams could win with Clemson's schedule, I said I only have faith that 2 or 3 would go undefeated. Alabama and Georgia would, LSU might have enough talent to compensate for their coaches and lack of offense, but everyone else I would probably stay away from betting for an undefeated season.
I guess the big thing here is the difference between could and would. I would agree with both sentiments under that context. 6 or 7 could, but 2 or 3 would.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.