My goodness Clemson’s schedule is a JOKE.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I may have asked this in another thread. How many sec teams would go undefeated against that schedule? I'm going to say 6-7.
Not sure 6 or 7 teams in the SEC are able to beat TAM this year. Ga, Al, for sure the rest are a toss up with an edge to them. Not picking LSU to beat them this year. Interesting thing is SC and TA&M play each other this year. During the regular season the only team we play that Clemson would be in doubt of losing to is LSU. A&M may actually beat Clemson this year. They are going to be a tough out for us, certainly not over looking them.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think we have all seen can't lose seasons hinge on the drop of a flag.
On the turn of a knee.
On a critical player going down to a chop block.
On a critical penalty at the end of a close game.

I can no longer label a schedule 'A Joke', until the last down of the last game.
Too many things can happen.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The problem is, they are obviously just as good as the very best out there. Joke schedule or not, if they make the playoff, they are likely to be the odds on favorite to win it again without key injuries happening late in the season.

As someone else said, they are channelling 1990s Florida State. And while I always thought FSU was at a disadvantage come championship time due to the weak schedule (they only won 2 NCs during that long run of top 5 finishes), it actually helps Clemson today with the expanded schedule (as others have pointed out).

Having said all of that, you never know where a Virginia or NC State over FSU style upset may come from. It looks like a weak schedule on paper... maybe the ACC will surprise us. That's what I will pull for.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You cannot really say right now who has a joke schedule or who has a hard schedule. Let's let the games play out and we can revisit at the end of the season who did have a joke schedule and who had a hard schedule.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
After their 3rd game of the season @ Syracuse they can start prepping for us. If Miami is the second best team in the ACC then Clemson has nothing to fear.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Alabama's schedule is taking a beating right now in the media but I think it will end up being respectable if not vicious by the time the dust settles.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
the question that needs to be ask is " how many losses would Clemson have if they play Alabama's schedule? "

example: pre season pundits point out the the 2 most difficult games on their schedule are Texas AM and South Carolina, both which happens to be SEC foes.
now flip the page, most talking heads wouldn't even considered the 2 same teams Clemson will play as our toughest matches.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The coach there still runs the triple option doesn’t he?
Our longtime coach (like 30 years long) retired a year ago. The new coach is entering his second year. We won the SOCON last year despite not having very high preseason expectations. He has kept with the triple option. It's hard to imagine us doing anything else. Wofford is no joke when you consider how small the school is. 750 male students a normal football team is 85 players so you have more than 10% of the student body that would be football players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.