My goodness Clemson’s schedule is a JOKE. - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: My goodness Clemson’s schedule is a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    The coach there still runs the triple option doesn’t he?
    Our longtime coach (like 30 years long) retired a year ago. The new coach is entering his second year. We won the SOCON last year despite not having very high preseason expectations. He has kept with the triple option. It's hard to imagine us doing anything else. Wofford is no joke when you consider how small the school is. 750 male students a normal football team is 85 players so you have more than 10% of the student body that would be football players.

Love it! Great stuff...should you be playing Clemson though? I know, glass house and all, but geez...
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Our longtime coach (like 30 years long) retired a year ago. The new coach is entering his second year. We won the SOCON last year despite not having very high preseason expectations. He has kept with the triple option. It's hard to imagine us doing anything else. Wofford is no joke when you consider how small the school is. 750 male students a normal football team is 85 players so you have more than 10% of the student body that would be football players.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Love it! Great stuff...should you be playing Clemson though? I know, glass house and all, but geez...
    Gotta fund the program somehow. Alabama has played an FCS team many times in the game before Auburn. Most of the SEC was playing them that week before their in state rival. Wofford happens to be a higher tier FCS team than some of the SEC teams have played. For instance the Gamecocks lost to Citadel in Spurrier's quitting year. Wofford basically owns the Citadel in football, they are in our conference.

Clemson's main problem schedule wise is the complete destruction of the ACC as a competitive conference. They have TXAM and USCe out of conference, that's a pretty decent out of conference slate. They did a home and home with Georgia a few years ago. Many years they play two sec teams. They can't control how bad the rest of the ACC has gotten. I imagine the better they've gotten they are increasingly having difficulty finding teams that want to play them, just like Alabama does.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Since I became a fan of Wofford in 2005 I can recall us playing: West Virginia, Wisconsin, Clemson, and USCx3. I'm forgetting some of the other big people we have played but it's not unusual for us to play against the big boys.

Wofford basketball would've whooped Bama basketball last year, I know that.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    the question that needs to be ask is " how many losses would Clemson have if they play Alabama's schedule? "

example: pre season pundits point out the the 2 most difficult games on their schedule are Texas AM and South Carolina, both which happens to be SEC foes.
    now flip the page, most talking heads wouldn't even considered the 2 same teams Clemson will play as our toughest matches.
    Probably none. We should not be thinking TA&M will be a cake walk for us. They should be really good this year. I think we will win them all and beat a very very good Clemson team in the Playoffs.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I think a weak schedule hurts a team when they get into the Playoffs for all the obvious reasons.
    They'll be much fresher, way fewer injuries than anyone else that makes the playoffs in relation to accumulated talent.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    I may have asked this in another thread. How many sec teams would go undefeated against that schedule? I'm going to say 6-7.

Alabama
    Georgia
    Auburn if they're good

I'd say LSU, but they somehow find a way to lose one that they should win every single year.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American

Not really hating on Clemson for there schedule because its not their fault but my god they basically have a one game season vs A&M tonight. The game against Syracuse can no longer be seen as a big game.

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

when your big game of the conference you are in is syracuse...........uh........uh.....dont even know what to say.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Don't be trashing my Alma Mater! It's spelled Wofford and for a school of 1,500 we are very good at football for our level. We have taken USC to the wire several times over the last ten years. We could probably beat some FBS teams.
    I considered going to Wofford myself. I wasn’t too keen on going to a school smaller than my high school though.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation All-American PacadermaTideUs's Avatar

My niece plays soccer for Wofford.

No doubt the fighting Dabos’ schedule is a joke, and they should be undefeated moving into the playoffs. Though Syracuse is trending down however, looks like Mack Brown’s Tarheels are trending up. Don’t get me wrong - I’m not calling for an upset, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if NC puts up a fight at home when Clemson comes to visit in three weeks.

BamaNation First Team

They don’t play UVA, but they are probably the second best team in the conference, which I can’t believe I’m typing. Their QB is pretty dangerous.

BamaNation Second Team

After tonight, i would say LSU would #gotsdemanoffense and we KNOW TN would not lol

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The fact that SEC schools still find a way to lose to Troy,USA, Toledo, UCF, North Texas, and Georgia Southern I would say 2 maybe 3.

FTR, before this gets turned around into to saying that I said only 2 or 3 SEC teams could win with Clemson's schedule, I said I only have faith that 2 or 3 would go undefeated. Alabama and Georgia would, LSU might have enough talent to compensate for their coaches and lack of offense, but everyone else I would probably stay away from betting for an undefeated season.