Fansville Again? OMG

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I understand why y'all don't like the Fanville commercials - because we live in a haters gonna hate society. Some of y'all are not happy unless you are complaining about something. :rolleyes:

These commercials are meant to poke fun and make light of college football fans, attitudes, and traditions. Some people just don't get it.
Eventually these commercials will go away. They always do. Soon they will be a distant memory like the where's the beef? lady, the waaaaazuuuo guys, and dude you're getting a dell guy.

Why does Dr Pepper even need commercials anyway? Is there actually people in this country that don't know what it is?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I understand why y'all don't like the Fanville commercials - because we live in a haters gonna hate society. Some of y'all are not happy unless you are complaining about something. :rolleyes:

These commercials are meant to poke fun and make light of college football fans, attitudes, and traditions. Some people just don't get it.
Or they could just be bad commercials that many don't like.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

That's not me...I'm concerned about alot more important things than bad commercials...but bad commercials exists. ;)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Eventually these commercials will go away. They always do. Soon they will be a distant memory like the where's the beef? lady, the waaaaazuuuo guys, and dude you're getting a dell guy.

Why does Dr Pepper even need commercials anyway? Is there actually people in this country that don't know what it is?
I've never fully understood advertising. Why companies spend millions to make us feel good about them when I already feel good about them. But apparently, advertising works.

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
What we need more of is commercials where people say a thing, then flashback or day dream about that thing in some slap stick sort of way.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They don't convey that point well at all. It's as if Dr. Pepper hired a bunch of writers who knew nothing about college football or its fans at all, and asked them to write a sketch that poked fun and made light of fans and traditions.

If you want something like that, that is done well, look no further than the folks behind SEC Shorts.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I've never fully understood advertising. Why companies spend millions to make us feel good about them when I already feel good about them. But apparently, advertising works.
I have never seen a commercial that made me want to buy that product, but I have seen a commercial that made me not want to buy that product.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
They don't convey that point well at all. It's as if Dr. Pepper hired a bunch of writers who knew nothing about college football or its fans at all, and asked them to write a sketch that poked fun and made light of fans and traditions.

If you want something like that, that is done well, look no further than the folks behind SEC Shorts.
Yes, good point. It’s like they are trying to hard and it’s comes across flat. The only clip I find humorous is the parents catching the kid looking at lacrosse. Besides that, not much stands out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I have never seen a commercial that made me want to buy that product, but I have seen a commercial that made me not want to buy that product.
I took a communication class in grad school and we talked about advertising some. Many companies do commercials to gain your approval rather than just to sell something but rather for you to have positive feelings about them whether you buy or use their product. The Budweiser Clydesdales Christmas commercials are the perfect example.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.