ESPN Article re: Le'Ron McClain-This type stuff will be what jeopardizes football

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm starting to believe that we've seen the golden age of football in our society in our rear view mirrors. I say that because since the CTE "stuff" became a national discussion. Many local youth organizations have either completely done away with football or switched to flag football in age groups in which they traditionally offered tackle. Also, the participation rate has dropped in a lot of youth organizations for football. I know our local organizations are nothing like they used to be. Most have had to combine to even have a league.

Reading this article about McClain is sad. No doubt the guy has had head trauma directly related to years of hits in football. I hope he can get the help he needs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27465801/ex-fullback-mcclain-asks-nfl-help-head

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think youth full contact football should’ve been done away with along time ago. There is no value in it, and kids shouldn’t be getting hit in the head that young.

I personally think 9th grade on up should be the first contact age of football.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.